PDA

View Full Version : I think I've fallen in love with The Office.

Daniel K.
04-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, a product of everyone I know being out of town this weekend, and now I'm kicking myself for not watching this from the first airing.

Does anyone know when Season 3 is going to hit DVD? Hopefully it'll be out in time for me to watch it before Season 4 starts up.

LenNWallace
04-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, a product of everyone I know being out of town this weekend, and now I'm kicking myself for not watching this from the first airing.

Does anyone know when Season 3 is going to hit DVD? Hopefully it'll be out in time for me to watch it before Season 4 starts up.

Season 3 won't be on DVD until probably a month to a couple weeks before season 4 starts up on TV. You'll be waiting a while.

JoeE
04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Figure September or August 2007 for Season 3.

Daniel K.
04-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys.

Also, Pam is cuter than anyone, fictional or not, has any right to be.

Run-BMC
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys.

Also, Pam is cuter than anyone, fictional or not, has any right to be.

She gets less attractive in Season 3. Her looks don't change.

LenNWallace
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
She gets less attractive in Season 3. Her looks don't change.I wanna hook up in a three way with Andy and Karen, personally.

JoeE
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
She looks so much hotter in Season 3. I think the producers realized how popular she was with geeks and sexed her up a bit.

Run-BMC
04-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I wanna hook up in a three way with Andy and Karen, personally.

YOU DON'T TOUCH KAREN!!!!!

I'm with her.

LenNWallace
04-14-2007, 08:29 PM

I'm with her.

Fine. Draw me a reasonable facsimile that I can wank pathetically too, and we'll call it even.

Brad N.
04-14-2007, 08:30 PM

I'm with her.

I got yer back, dude.

JoeE
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm worried that they're doing the tried-and-true "make the girlfriend into a bitch" writing trick right now with Karen to make us feel for her less when she and Jim break up.

the_wallcrawler
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
You can download from iTunes if you're into that.

Daniel K.
04-14-2007, 08:43 PM
She gets less attractive in Season 3. Her looks don't change.

I think a little piece of me will die inside if that happens.

You can download from iTunes if you're into that.

I thought about it, but I'm not sure I can justify spending the money on the season pass if I'm just going to buy the box set later, because I know I will.

Daniel K.
04-14-2007, 08:48 PM
She looks so much hotter in Season 3. I think the producers realized how popular she was with geeks and sexed her up a bit.

I don't really know if I like that. I'll make up my mind when I see, obviously, but to me the attractiveness of Pam is the fact that she looks and seems like someone you could actually meet, and she has a great personality. She's not the sexed up hot girl from the magazine cover, she's the cute girl down the hall who you'd want to date.

Daniel K.
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
So I gave in and downloaded the season on itunes. My excuse is that it's supporting something I love.

I'm up to the Christmas episode right now, and I have to say, that was amazing.

Knightspider
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
if i wasn't with chritina ricci, i'd go with pam

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/knightspider/blades-of-glory-will-ferrell.jpg

chess
04-15-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm worried that they're doing the tried-and-true "make the girlfriend into a bitch" writing trick right now with Karen to make us feel for her less when she and Jim break up.

Karen is awesome!
When she went to the Christmas party and every person she pointed out to Jim was a person she slept with. Not really but she had him going.

When she found out that Jim used to have a thing for Pam... Her response was to force Jim into having conversations about his feelings.

She is so-oo classic.

Natty P
04-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Do watch the british version too. Also, very, very good.

Mike
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Season 3 is a serious decline in quality from Season 2. Strangely enough, the new characters are funnier and better than some of the old ones.

Yannick_B
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM

Its funny, I think they've done exactly the opposite, if anything, they've shown Jim as a bit more of an ass since the season started which is cool, because he was a bit too much of a perfect dreamboat last season.

Colby
04-15-2007, 08:25 PM
This thread is pretty funny- "Pam gets uglier." "Pam gets hotter." "Karen's becoming a bitch." "Jim's becoming a dick." "Season 3 isn't as good."

And now I'll add that I think Season 3 is the best one yet.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle...

BWC Boston
04-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Its funny, I think they've done exactly the opposite, if anything, they've shown Jim as a bit more of an ass since the season started which is cool, because he was a bit too much of a perfect dreamboat last season.

I agree. Tim (British Jim) was likable because he was charming, but sort of pathetic unless he was bullying Gareth (British Dwight). He was a short, flabby office underling with a taxing boss. His confusion when he's FINALLY able to get a girl, but it's not the one he's been in love with for three years, is completely understandable.

Jim is tall, handsome (with hip hair), good at basketball, and is second-in-command of the entire Northeast division of his company, and gets along with his boss much of the time (also the corporate bosses all seem to dig him). His bullying of Dwight could veer from mischievous pranking to actual bullying pretty frequently in season 2, especially since Dwight has no bureaucratic power over him any longer (this is why Andy is a better foil for Jim; Andy's a bully and a toadie, whereas Dwight's become almost sweet this season). His season 3 Pam-pining while dating Karen just looks like selfish indecisiveness, as Jim doesn't strike me as the type that hurts for dates.

Karen is awesome. Pam's a great character, but Karen is smart, and funny, and proactive. In fact, she's a tad too perfect for my liking; it'd be nice if she had a few flaws to round her out, like Pam's timidness. Hell, she's even mature enough to not be jealous of Pam once Jim fesses up to her. I'd also like it if she and Jim had a chance in hell, but it's clear that the Jim/Pam thing isn't going away.

Yannick_B
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
This thread is pretty funny- "Pam gets uglier." "Pam gets hotter." "Karen's becoming a bitch." "Jim's becoming a dick." "Season 3 isn't as good."

And now I'll add that I think Season 3 is the best one yet.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle...

I dont have a problem with Jim being a dick, I think it rounds out his character in an interesting and sort of realistic way.

Except when he left Toby hanging for that pound. ASSHOLE.

Daniel K.
04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
I am now officially caught up, and I can't wait until the next new episode. :D