PDA

View Full Version : India 'to drop' menstrual forms

Thudpucker
04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6553567.stm

The Indian civil service is dropping part of a new appraisal form requiring female employees to detail their menstrual cycles, a top official says.
The ministry of personnel says that the decision to delete the controversial part of the form was taken following an intervention by the prime minister.

Some female civil servants described the form as grossly insensitive.

The questions were reported to have been put in the 2007 appraisal on advice from the health ministry.

Gregory
04-13-2007, 10:17 AM
That's bloody insensitive, wot.

Ben
04-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Some female civil servants described the form as grossly insensitive.They got that right!

nihilance
04-13-2007, 10:18 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6553567.stm

I was in India about 6 months ago for work. We were in a new building that is about 5 times larger than the building I work at in America. The place was filthy. The bathrooms didn't have toilet paper...but there was a short garden house to wash off your hand after you were done wiping.

The thing they say about how they use one hand to eat and the other to wipe their ass is not a myth.

Thudpucker
04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I was in India about 6 months ago for work. We were in a new building that is about 5 times larger than the building I work at in America. The place was filthy. The bathrooms didn't have toilet paper...but there was a short garden house to wash off your hand after you were done wiping.

The thing they say about how they use one hand to eat and the other to wipe their ass is not a myth.

:shock:

Whip
04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Why the Hell did they have to describe it in the first place?!?!?

If I were one of those women, I'd have gone into immense, tummy-turning detail, just to piss the higher-ups off.

"On some days, it can look like a dropped red coughdrop. More Luden-like than Ricola, I'd imagine..."

The Roman Candle
04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Ah, the baby steps of progress.

India: Now 30% less backwards than Pakistan!