PDA

View Full Version : Three Kick Ass Solicits from Dark Horse (Coming in July)

Doug
04-06-2007, 04:39 AM
GRENDEL: BEHOLD THE DEVIL #0
MATT WAGNER (W/A)
On sale July 18
b&w&r, 16 pages
50 cents
One-shot

Matt Wagner (Batman: The Mad Monk, Sandman Mystery Theatre) presents a 50-cent primer to his all-new miniseries staring Hunter Rose, the original Grendel, launching this fall.

Containing a prologue and unseen preview artwork to the upcoming series, this perfectly priced book provides an exclusive look at Wagner's return to his signature creation. It also includes an extensive interview with Wagner, conducted by Newsarama's Matt Brady, covering both the new series and the twenty-fifth anniversary of Grendel as a whole.

A best-selling novelist by day and criminal overlord by night, Hunter Rose was the most feared individual ever to wear the mantle of Grendel. Long known only through journals discovered after his death, the mysterious life of Hunter Rose gives up a few more of its secrets when newly uncovered documents expose a previously unknown chapter in the life of this legendary assassin and underworld power-player.

For the first time in many years, Wagner writes and draws his signature Grendel character—the ultimate treat for all who follow this modern master of comics or any fan of the character that began his career twenty-five years ago!

Matt Wagner launches an all-new miniseries!

MARTHA WASHINGTON DIES
FRANK MILLER (W), DAVE GIBBONS (A), and ANGUS MCKIE (C)
On sale July 11
FC, 24 pages
$3.50
One-shot

On Earth, the battle for freedom rages on. The year is 2095 and the day is the one-hundredth birthday of Martha Washington. She is the leader of a small, resolute band that will not forfeit the pursuit of liberty—no matter what the cost. Today, the cost will be high. Martha has seen much in her hundred years, from the triumphs and tragedies of the battlefront, to the deepest reaches of space. Today, she will finally see the truth.

Includes a special section of never-before-seen production sketches and drawings that predate Martha’s first series, Give Me Liberty, along with Frank Miller’s original plot notes, all wrapped inside a high-quality card stock cover. This all-new story by two of comics’ legendary creators is the unprecedented conclusion to one woman’s epic struggle for life’s most valuable quality—freedom.

Miller and Gibbons reunite to tell the final chapter!

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL #1 (of 6)
GILBERT HERNANDEZ (W/A)
On sale July 25
b&w, 24 pages
$3.50
Miniseries

There’s a peeping Tom prowling the neighborhood. Eyewitness reports vary, but one thing is agreed upon: he wears a Devil mask.

This is the story of Val Castillo, a promising gymnast with a strange hobby. She is secretly the neighborhood peeping Tom. At first she is alone in this, but when a male friend discovers her doings, he joins her into a dark journey of spying and making discoveries about their neighbors that may have been better left alone. Especially secrets that threaten all involved. Like Val spying on her own father and stepmother in their bedroom. This snowballs into a journey darker than the most cynical would care to endure.

From Love & Rockets co-creator Gilbert Hernandez!

Check out the cover art and all other July solicits:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=10221

I'm really excited for the Grendel mini.

And while I've never read Love & Rockets I have heard nothing but great things.

RebootedCorpse
04-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Those sound awesome. I'll be buying all 3!

Fourthman
04-06-2007, 04:41 AM
I didn't believe you.

I was wrong.

Let's hope Miller brings his 90's game and not his 00 game.

Doug
04-06-2007, 04:44 AM
I didn't believe you.

I was wrong.

Let's hope Miller brings his 90's game and not his 00 game.

Martha is his character though so hopefully that will mean something.

nihilance
04-06-2007, 05:02 AM
Wow...I was really expecting at least one of the three to be Hellboy or BPRD since both come out that month.

Bill Nolan
04-06-2007, 05:20 AM
They've pretty much already announced a Complete Martha Washington Collection, so I think I won't be buying the one-shot.

Doug
04-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Wow...I was really expecting at least one of the three to be Hellboy or BPRD since both come out that month.

True, but those are already past issue #1. These are three brand new books that sound incredible.