PDA

View Full Version : Cap Was A CLONE!!!! (spoilers... maybe)

Nick_Ardill
03-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Okay this is just wild speculation... but Cap may not be dead. Tony had made a clone of Thor, whos to say he didn't have a clone of Cap as well? In one panel of Civil War #4 on the second to last page Tony, Reed, Wasp and Yellowjacket walk past a tube with a man with short blonde hair in it. Steve Rogers? Could Iron Man replaced Cap with a clone and the clone was the one who got shot?
The tube was never explained and it's not like Tony hasn't already done stuff like this in Civil War.

Just a theory.

DAVE
03-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Okay this is just wild speculation... but Cap may not be dead. Tony had made a clone of Thor, whos to say he didn't have a clone of Cap as well? In one panel of Civil War #4 on the second to last page Tony, Reed, Wasp and Yellowjacket walk past a tube with a man with short blonde hair in it. Steve Rogers? Could Iron Man replaced Cap with a clone and the clone was the one who got shot?
The tube was never explained and it's not like Tony hasn't already done stuff like this in Civil War.

Just a theory.

Doubtful, the Thor clone had aproximizations of THor's powers, but not the personality or skills. When Cap got shot he totally had Steve Rogers' skills in that he was able to spot the sniper against all likelyhood, something that only he would do.

Patrick J
03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I guess you didn't read Civil War: The Confession...

Nick_Ardill
03-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah. True.... um... er.... then pay no attention to my prior post, and let us instead talk of puppies. Dey're so cwute. awwww.

Joe Henderson
03-30-2007, 09:47 AM

Not if it was Clone Tony who swapped Clone Steve for real Steve without real Tony knowing it!!! Ouch, now my brain hurts...

Master Jack Rabbitt
03-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Not if it was Clone Tony who swapped Clone Steve for real Steve without real Tony knowing it!!! Ouch, now my brain hurts...

How do we know you're not a clone...? :mistrust:

SteveZegers
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
This is one of the many, many ways they could get around the death.

Master Jack Rabbitt
03-30-2007, 09:53 AM

Man, I don't want them to get around the death.

Taxman
03-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Cap Was A CLONE!!!!Is it something like this?

We learn that Tony stark was never in the iron man suit!! From the beginning Steve Rogers was Iron MAN and Stark was just the public image/persona. Rogers was never frozen after WW2, It turns out that was his clone, part of the super soldier program (I guess they had cloning tech back in the 40's).

I'm guessing Stark and the Real Steve rogers will reveal this to the cloned Rogers at the end of CW.

Whoever OKed this stupid retconn should be fired. The art was pretty good though, Zircher does classic superheroes right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/Covers/0785122990.jpg

JBElliott
03-30-2007, 10:14 AM
It wasn't a clone. That Cap is dead. Tony and Reed are going to go into the Ultimate Universe and kidnap their Cap. Then that Cap is going to kick their ass!

Mister E
03-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Clones are so good for Marvel, I hope it was a clone too.

Ben Weldon
03-30-2007, 10:23 AM
CLAP!!!

Taxman
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
It wasn't a clone. That Cap is dead. Tony and Reed are going to go into the Ultimate Universe and kidnap their Cap. Then that Cap is going to kick their ass!No, he'll only beat up on Pym. :lol:

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh, sure, now you're all hoping for clones...

Jerome Gibbons
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM

One of the worst ones, most assuredly.

Ben Weldon
03-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Come on people it's Clap! You can't tell me your not itching for some Clap action.

chazbot
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
No, he'll only beat up on Pym. :lol:

You're thinking Ultimate Cap now :D

BenH
03-30-2007, 01:26 PM
CLAP!!!

The only reason I read through this thread was to make my own clap joke, but you beat me to it. Damn you.

Albert
03-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe Tony knew that someone was going to be making a comic about him so that's why he acted like he did in The Confession.

Matt O'Keefe
03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, that would just take away all respect I have for mainstream comics:?

That's the kind of thing you have when you're really, really deperate for a retcon. The only way it would be at all possible would be if absolutely everybody hated Cap #25, when it's almost the exact opposite.