PDA

View Full Version : With baseball season just a few days away...it's time for pre-season predictions.

King of Mars
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Division winners:

NL East - NY Mets
NL Central - St Louis Cardinals
NL West - L.A. Dodgers
Wildcard: Philadelphia Philles

NL Champions - NY Mets

Yeah, it's kind of a homer pick...but I think they'll make a mid-season move to get the additional starting pitcher they need to win the division and the NL Championship.

AL East - NY Yankees
AL Central - Detroit Tigers
AL West - Oakland Athletics
Wildcard: Cleveland Indians

AL Champions - Detroit Tigers

World Series - Tigers over Mets (hate to pick against my Mets but I think Detroit will have the right combination of talent and experience to get the job done)

AL MVP - Travis Hafner, Indians
NL MVP - Ryan Howard, Phillies (tough to bet against a guy with his talent playing in that shit ballpark in Philly)

AL Cy Young - Rich Harden, Athletics
NL Cy Young - Roy Oswalt, Astros

Adam Beranek
03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Cubs Win!!!!

King of Mars
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Cubs Win!!!!No...seriously.

Ryan F
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Well, last year I pretty much nailed it... http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=1512873&postcount=3
....so long as you replace the White Sox with their Detroit Tiger brethren from the NL Central. (And ignore the awards. And the Wild Cards. And the NL East. Nailed it, I tell you!))

This year:

AL

East - Red Sox

Central - Tigers

West - Angels

Wild Card - Yankees

MVP - A Rod

Cy Young - Dice-K

NL

East - Mets

Central - Cards

West - Dodgers

Wild Card - Brewers

MVP - Reyes

Cy Young - Wainwright (a man can dream, can't he?)

AL Champ - Yankees (beat BoSox from Wild Card to increase Boston's pain)
NL Champ - Cardinals

World Series - Cards repeat

chazbot
03-28-2007, 04:01 PM
no mention of the Rangers.... i am.... not surprised at all, oh well, at least we got the name of the Ballpark back. little victories.

Great call on the Tigers, them and the Dodgers are the teams I'm gonna be watching for throughout the season. (not counting NBA playoffs, all other sports are dead to me during that time)

Taxman
03-28-2007, 04:17 PM
My one prediction is that The Washington Nationals will have the worst record in the Major League.

chazbot
03-28-2007, 04:19 PM
My one prediction is that The Washington Nationals will have the worst record in the Major League.

That confident in the Royals are you? :D

Ray G.
03-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Detroit lost to the Cardinals. The Cardinals.

Mets over Red Sox.

Ryan F
03-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Mets over Red Sox.

The Mets lost to the Cardinals. The Cardinals.

Skatonic10
03-28-2007, 04:35 PM
To follow the format-

Division winners:

NL East - NY Mets
NL West - L.A. Dodgers
Wildcard: Florida Marlins or SD Padres

NL Champions - L.A. Dodgers

THey have arguably the best pitching staff in the Majors, extremely talented young players with a full year of experience paired with quality veterans who know how to win. Not saying it will be easy, but on paper they should do well.

AL East - NY Yankees

AL Champions - NY Yankees

World Series - Dodgers over Yankees - Its been a long time since these two teams met in October. I think the time has finally come. It should be an exciting post season

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez - Yankees. Its his time to win it as a Yankee.
NL MVP - Barry Bonds - He's back, he's healty, he's chasing history, and he's dangerous. An INSANE combination as long as he stays healthy

AL Cy Young - Johan Santana, Twins
NL Cy Young - Chris Carpinter, Cardinals. Paired with a healthy Mulder these two are going to make a great tandem.

Taxman
03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
That confident in the Royals are you? :DThe Nationals ownership has shown a stunning commitment to assembling the most anemic roster possible. When an organization is this focused on a goal, it is a very difficult thing to compete with.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
03-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Chicago White Sox win the Series.

Yorick Brown
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
AL

East: Yankees
Central: Twins
West: Angels
Wild Card: Tigers

Cy Young: Johan Santana
MVP: Alex Rodriguez

NL

East: Mets
Central: Cubs
West: Diamondbacks
Wild Card: Cardinals

Cy Young: Cole Hamels
MVP: Ryan Howard

Playoffs

AL:

Twins over Angels
Yankees over Tigers

Twins over Yankees

NL:

Mets over Cardinals
Cubs over Diamondbacks

Mets over Cubs

World Series:

Twins over Mets

HCMarvel
03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
To follow the format-

Division winners:

NL East - NY Mets
NL West - L.A. Dodgers

THey have arguably the best pitching staff in the Majors, extremely talented young players with a full year of experience paired with quality veterans who know how to win. Not saying it will be easy, but on paper they should do well.

AL East - NY Yankees

World Series - Dodgers over Yankees - Its been a long time since these two teams met in October. I think the time has finally come. It should be an exciting post season

NL MVP - Barry Bonds - He's back, he's healty, he's chasing history, and he's dangerous. An INSANE combination as long as he stays healthy

NL Cy Young - Chris Carpinter, Cardinals. Paired with a healthy Mulder these two are going to make a great tandem.

arod won it as a yankee in 2005. and then had just a stellar post-season...

Ray G.
03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
The Mets lost to the Cardinals with half their roster. The Cardinals.

Fixed a bit. :D

CapnChaos
03-28-2007, 05:28 PM
My prediction is that the Royals will improve on last year by only losing 90+ games instead of 100+.

Taxman
03-28-2007, 05:29 PM
The Waaah, why are our pitchers so old? The mods aren't fair! Waaahhhhh! Mets?Fixed a bit. :DAdjusted slightly. :p

My prediction is that the Royals will improve on last year by only losing 90+ games instead of 100+.This sets up perfectly for my Nationals prediction.

Colby
03-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Did that half include Beltran's bat? 'Cause if so, it might explain the 9th inning of game seven...;-)

BTW, Hi! I'm new here, though I have lurked before. If you give me time, you'll find I'm just as bad as Shane with the Redbirds love...

the_wallcrawler
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I have no idea who will win it, but I know I look forward to heading home to catch the Tigs v White Sox in about a month.

King of Mars
03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Did that half include Beltran's bat? 'Cause if so, it might explain the 9th inning of game seven...;-)

BTW, Hi! I'm new here, though I have lurked before. If you give me time, you'll find I'm just as bad as Shane with the Redbirds love...Go away.

;)

Drew
03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
NL East- Mets
NL Central- Brewers (Probably reaching too high, but every year a team's come from under .500 to a berth and this year...I say Milwaukee's. And maybe 87-75 wins the)
NL West- Padres
Wild Card- Phillies

NL Champions- Brewers. Yes. I know. I KNOW.

AL East- Yankees
AL Central- White Sox
AL West- Oakland
Wild Card- Boston

AL Champions- Oakland

World Series- Milwaukee over Oakland. (I must be DEEE-RUNK)

AL MVP- Manny being Manny
NL MVP- Pujols

AL Cy Young- Dice-K
NL Cy Young- Ben Sheets (This is one of the ways my projection fits.)

jason hissong
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM

BTW, Hi! I'm new here, though I have lurked before. If you give me time, you'll find I'm just as bad as Shane with the Redbirds love...

i like you already.

Michael John Wheeler
03-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Another year of baseball, another year of rooting for the Tigers!

Ryan F
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Wow. Pedro Martinez and El Duque are half your line-up? You guys are really in trouble then.

A point I want to make while we're on the topic of injuries: everyone talks about how bad the Cards were last year, but this was basically the same team that had the best record over 2004-2005. Mulder was hurt, then out. Isringhausen was hurt, then out. Eckstein and Edmonds out at the end. Pujols and Rolen and everyone else playing injured. Players get injured. Deal with it Mets fans.

Shane can post his Beltran looking .gif here. ;)

bairdduvessa
03-29-2007, 12:21 AM
even though i am a life long red sox fan, i really want this to be the year of the Royals.

Brewtown Andy
03-29-2007, 06:20 AM
NL East- Mets
NL Central- Brewers (Probably reaching too high, but every year a team's come from under .500 to a berth and this year...I say Milwaukee's. And maybe 87-75 wins the)
NL West- Padres
Wild Card- Phillies

NL Champions- Brewers. Yes. I know. I KNOW.
World Series- Milwaukee over Oakland. (I must be DEEE-RUNK)

NL Cy Young- Ben Sheets (This is one of the ways my projection fits.)You know Sheets has never won more than 12 games in a season, right?

And this thread is pointless, because MLB is rigging the whole season to avoid the Cubs hitting the 100 year marker.

PeterSparker
03-29-2007, 06:33 AM
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Detroit (the addition of Sheff is huge!)
AL West: Anaheim Angels (I don't call them LA :no: )

AL Wild Card: Boston or Twins (tough call)

AL Cy Young: Santana
AL MVP: A-Rod

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Brewers (hey, why not?)
NL West: LA Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Cubs

NL Cy Young: John Smoltz
NL MVP: Carlos Beltran

World Series: Yankees over Cubs!!

DAVE
03-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Here's my predictions, from the, ahem! Spring Training Thread;-) :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:
AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Cleveland
AL West: Anaheim
AL Wildcard: New York

NL East: New York
NL Central: Chicago
NL West: Los Angeles
NL Wildcard: Philadelphia

I'm totally on the fence with some of this, but I think if Boston's rotation gets it together there will be a lot of miserable Yankees fans, especially if the wheels come off the Yankees rotation for good, which is a real possbility.

I think the Cubs have a team that can run away with the division, if their releivers can hold up their end of the bargin.
I'm not sold on Philly, but they fall a hair short of the Wild card every year, this may be the one that gets them there,if their starters can pick them up over hump and add a few wins. Their releivers are a joke though. If the Mets get any type of lead in the division like last season I can easily see St. Louis taking the WC from Philly.

I'm not counting Minn, ChiSox, and Detroit out at all though. The AL Central is going to be a lot of fun.

Rich Lozano
03-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Wow. Pedro Martinez and El Duque are half your line-up? You guys are really in trouble then.

A point I want to make while we're on the topic of injuries: everyone talks about how bad the Cards were last year, but this was basically the same team that had the best record over 2004-2005. Mulder was hurt, then out. Isringhausen was hurt, then out. Eckstein and Edmonds out at the end. Pujols and Rolen and everyone else playing injured. Players get injured. Deal with it Mets fans.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane W
03-29-2007, 06:52 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/chizip/hellya2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/chizip/hellya2.gif

Jew Mafia
03-29-2007, 07:02 AM
I predict that the Royals will lose less than 105 games this year....

maybe.

DAVE
03-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry Cards fans, but I honestly didn't know that people with Braden Looper in their rotation can make fun of El Duque. Really, I've learned something new. That was illuminating.

Ryan F
03-29-2007, 07:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/chizip/hellya2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/chizip/hellya2.gif

:rock:

Doug
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers
WildCard: Cardinals

Dodgers over Cards
Cubs over Mets
Cubs over Dodgers

AL Central: Tigers
AL West: A's
WildCard: Twins

Yankees over Twins
Tigers over A's
Yankees over Tigers

Yankees over Cubs.

I will now proceed to be completely wrong.

JBElliott
03-29-2007, 10:26 AM

Mets over Red Sox.

So did the Mets. The Mets! :D

JBElliott
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
The Mets lost to the Cardinals. The Cardinals.

Damn. I didn't scroll before I hit the quote button.

Dr. Blasphemy
03-29-2007, 10:33 AM
http://cleveland-indians-news.newslib.com/img/logo/3915.gif
suck on this American League!

RickLM
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I predict that the first baseball game I watch this year will be a playoff game in October, unless I catch a game in Detroit or Cleveland. Without cable TV, the regular season pretty much doesn't exist.

DAVE
03-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I predict that the first baseball game I watch this year will be a playoff game in October, unless I catch a game in Detroit or Cleveland. Without cable TV, the regular season pretty much doesn't exist.

Hey dude, catching a game at a bar is a great way to watch. That's how I watched a majority of Mets games back when I lived in Florida.

Dr. Blasphemy
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey dude, catching a game at a bar is a great way to watch. That's how I watched a majority of Mets games back when I lived in Florida.

The Mets? that had to be a gay bar then....LOL!
:grope:

DAVE
03-29-2007, 01:05 PM
The Mets? that had to be a gay bar then....LOL!
:grope:

It's a good thing you have that avatar, so someone's laughing at that joke.

Skatonic10
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
arod won it as a yankee in 2005. and then had just a stellar post-season...

Well then, damnit! He sould win it again!

DaGetHighKnight
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I predict Jose Reyes has a amazing year.

Matt O'Keefe
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
The Twins have to be on there, they've been pretty hot lately and are real contenders for the penant when they get their act completely together.

Dennis K
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
The Florida Marlins will do better than expected, but not good enough to make the playoffs.

Brian Defferding
04-02-2007, 06:09 AM
I predict the Milwaukee Brewers will make the playoffs this year!

Go Bill Hall and the Brew Crew!

Taxman
04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
My one prediction is that The Washington Nationals will have the worst record in the Major League.Sure it's early, but we're liking what we see so far.

Brewtown Andy
04-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey, I didn't predict that Kirby's corpse will abandon the Cubs in early June for whatever team is surprisingly leading a division at that point.

DaGetHighKnight
09-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I predict Jose Reyes has a amazing year.

Amazing first half is what I ment to say!

DAVE
09-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's my predictions, from the, ahem! Spring Training Thread;-) :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:
AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Cleveland
AL West: Anaheim
AL Wildcard: New York

NL East: New York
NL Central: Chicago
NL West: Los Angeles
NL Wildcard: Philadelphia

My predictions are lookin pretty good!

Dr. Blasphemy
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
http://cleveland-indians-news.newslib.com/img/logo/3915.gif
suck on this American League!
Worship me!
:)

Taxman
My predictions are lookin pretty good!Wow, how did you manage to find this thread?

DAVE
Worship me!
:)

I'm on pace to have 6/8 right! Worship meeeeeeeeee!

DAVE
09-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Wow, how did you manage to find this thread?

The (tax)MAN found it for me!

Dr. Blasphemy
09-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm on pace to have 6/8 right! Worship meeeeeeeeee!

Yeah, but you like the Mets, so I can't...LOL
;)

DAVE
09-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but you like the Mets, so I can't...LOL
;)

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=2902801&postcount=41

;) ;-)

Dr. Blasphemy
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=2902801&postcount=41

;) ;-)

You know I'm just playin'...
I don't care about the Mets one way or another- they are national league.:D

DAVE
09-24-2007, 09:57 AM
You know I'm just playin'...
I don't care about the Mets one way or another- they are national league.:D

Oh I know you're just messing around. 8-)

Doug
09-24-2007, 10:08 AM
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers
WildCard: Cardinals

Dodgers over Cards
Cubs over Mets
Cubs over Dodgers

AL Central: Tigers
AL West: A's
WildCard: Twins

Yankees over Twins
Tigers over A's
Yankees over Tigers

Yankees over Cubs.

I will now proceed to be completely wrong.

I didn't even get that part right. It looks like I guessed 2 right, with the Yankees knocking the Red Sox door for a possability of 3 right (unless the Cubs and Mets do something and go into a nosedive).

Skatonic10
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
To follow the format-

Division winners:

NL East - NY Mets
NL West - L.A. Dodgers

AL East - NY Yankees

Didn't do too bad. At least I wasn't the only one who picked the Dodgers (although I never would have picked the Cubs over the Dodgers. ;) )

Ray G.
09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
So, assuming the standings stay pretty much like this, I'm thinking a Mets/Cubs NLCS is looking pretty good. :)

Also, I'm greatly looking forward to the Yanks' annual postseason collapse against the Angels or Indians, and ensuing rage from the Boss over(horrors!) a successful season that ended in the playoffs!

DAVE
09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
There's really not enough of people telling me how brilliant I am, besides, you know, me.

Taxman
09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
So, assuming the standings stay pretty much like this, I'm thinking a Mets/Cubs NLCS is looking pretty good. :)Why so quick to write off the team with the best record, especially when the standings would seem to imply that they play in the toughest division?

Taxman
09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
There's really not enough of people telling me how brilliant I am, besides, you know, me.You got wrong the only one I really cared about, so no help here.

MagicGamer
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
There's really not enough of people telling me how brilliant I am, besides, you know, me.

You're brilliant. Happy?

DAVE
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
So, assuming the standings stay pretty much like this, I'm thinking a Mets/Cubs NLCS is looking pretty good. :)

Also, I'm greatly looking forward to the Yanks' annual postseason collapse against the Angels or Indians, and ensuing rage from the Boss over(horrors!) a successful season that ended in the playoffs!

I wouldn't say that, at all. The short first round really give anyone a chance, and a huge factor is who gets the NL Wildcard. As it stands, San Diego stands to be a tough team to beat in a 5 game series with their pitching rotation, recent injury and all. If the Phillies or Rockies get in their offenses are really potent. It's too early to predict the NLCS when the playoff picture in the NL is still so volatile.

DAVE
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
You're brilliant. Happy?

I'm getting there. 8-)

DAVE
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
You got wrong the only one I really cared about, so no help here.

Sorry :)

MIKE D
09-24-2007, 10:30 AM
and ensuing rage from the Boss over(horrors!) a successful season that ended in the playoffs!

That won't be happening this year.

Skatonic10
09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Why so quick to write off the team with the best record, especially when the standings would seem to imply that they play in the toughest division?

Considering the NL West has dominated against the rest of the NL, I find it hard to believe one of those two teams isn't making it into the World Series. If I had to chose, I go with the Padres becaues of their pitching and the fact their team batting average is more than .240. I don't know how Arizona has the record it has, with the stats that it does.

Taxman
09-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Considering the NL West has dominated against the rest of the NL, I find it hard to believe one of those two teams isn't making it into the World Series. If I had to chose, I go with the Padres becaues of their pitching and the fact their team batting average is more than .240. I don't know how Arizona has the record it has, with the stats that it does.For the Padres, losing is a part of their culture. You could put them into a post season series with this year's Nationals and they would probably still find a way to blow it. Two years ago, Peavy injured himself celebrating clinching, and didn't bother telling anyone until after he had messed the bed against the Cardinals. Now they have lost Bradly to his own less-than-sane theatrics.

'zona, I have no idea about. Still, they have the best record in the league. It seems like these mystery teams have done quite well in the play offs recently.

King of Mars
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Division winners:

NL East - NY Mets
NL West - L.A. Dodgers
Wildcard: Philadelphia Philles

NL Champions - NY Mets

Yeah, it's kind of a homer pick...but I think they'll make a mid-season move to get the additional starting pitcher they need to win the division and the NL Championship.

AL East - NY Yankees

AL Champions - Detroit Tigers

World Series - Tigers over Mets (hate to pick against my Mets but I think Detroit will have the right combination of talent and experience to get the job done)

AL MVP - Travis Hafner, Indians
NL MVP - Ryan Howard, Phillies (tough to bet against a guy with his talent playing in that shit ballpark in Philly)

AL Cy Young - Rich Harden, Athletics
NL Cy Young - Roy Oswalt, AstrosI can't believe I picked the A's over the Angels.

changingshades
09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
My predictions are lookin pretty good!

I will say I'm impressed

SCOURGE
09-25-2007, 01:24 PM

You are David the Mighty! What more is there to reassure you...

Jew Mafia
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I predict that the Royals will lose less than 105 games this year....

maybe.

As of today:

Kansas City 67 88 .432

Alright!

:rock:

MagicGamer
09-25-2007, 02:27 PM

This is why I :heart: you. I so hope to see this.