PDA

View Full Version : Hey billthomason, did you get a baseball game yet?

Brad N.
03-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I picked up MLB: The Show 2007 today for PS2 and I'm loving it. I hated last year's version and preferred 2K to it, but this year I went to Gamerankings.com and checked what people thought of both. Apparently the 2K game is decent on 360 but not as great as I heard initially, but last I saw The Show actually had like an 85% rating there for PS2. The 2K game for reg. Xbox and Ps2 is abysmal from what I hear too. Last year 2K was stellar for the old systems and crap for 360, this year it's the other way around. My brother has it for PS2 and the play by play doesn't match up with what is happening in the game, the mechanics are terrible, and the AI is just silly.

So yeah, if you haven't yet and were still unsure you could probably enjoy 2K for 360 as it looks pretty but from what I'm seeing so far into my season The Show is awesome! I was so wrong.

Ryan F
03-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I have an elderly PS2, and I'm not planning on upgrading anytime soon, if ever. I was going to get 2K7 next week, but maybe I'll get the Show instead.

Brad N.
03-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I have an elderly PS2, and I'm not planning on upgrading anytime soon, if ever. I was going to get 2K7 next week, but maybe I'll get the Show instead.

You should. It's $39.99 and 2K7 is $29.99 but for my ten bucks I'll take a better game.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/itemsearch.asp

PS2 has 2K rated at 68.5% there and The Show is 80.6% in fact it's the second to highest rated MLB game they have next only to The Show for PSP and I'm guessing it will kick ass for PS3 too. The gameplay reminds me A LOT of the old MVP system that I loved and the play by play is great. Hitting and fielding so far seems very fluid and I'm having a blast.