PDA

View Full Version : Lost In Space: The Worst Movie EVER?

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I just stumbled across this shitburger on cable. Wow. Just wow. I had almost managed to make myself forget how unbelievably,spectacularly goddamned bad this movie is.

Gary Oldman should be punched in the asshole for agreeing to star in this.

Afny
03-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Manos, The Hands of Fate.

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Manos, The Hands of Fate.

Lost In Space is why they need to revive MST3K.

HCMarvel
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
the last half hour of that movie is just amazingly bad.

though it did pioneer the technique of freezing the image and spinning around, later used in the Matrix and 5000 movies afterward.

The Human Target
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Its pretty terrible, but Joey had such a cool helmet and gun.

c. page
03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
no, not the worst.

blair witch was worse.

and house of the dead was most definitely worse. erica durance boobs or not, that was a shit heap of a film.

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Its pretty terrible, but Joey had such a cool helmet and gun.

If you're an actor in Hollywood, and they tell you that the film co-stars the dumb guy from Friends, you should probably just turn the film down and go back to waiting tables at TGI Fridays. It's more dignified.

Kefky
03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Yea, this and Hudson Hawk are the worst. Hey, at least Manos falls pretty well under the "so bad it's good" category. Shit like this only forces you to go on puppy-killing sprees.

Well, it does that to me, anyway. :shifty: DON'T JUDGE ME!!! :mad:

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
no, not the worst.

blair witch was worse.

and house of the dead was most definitely worse. erica durance boobs or not, that was a shit heap of a film.

I loved Blair Witch. And, hype aside, it's fairly brilliant.

And House of the Dead sucks,but not Lost In Space sucks.

Vonn Hennigar
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
House of 1000 Corpses for me.

I'll punch Rob Zombie in the balls on sight for that mess.

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Yea, this and Hudson Hawk are the work. Hey, at least Manos falls pretty well under the "so bad it's good" category. Shit like this only forces you to go on puppy-killing sprees.

Well, it does that to me, anyway. :shifty: DON'T JUDGE ME!!! :mad:

I loves me some Hudson Hawk. David Caruso's finest work.

c. page
03-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I loved Blair Witch. And, hype aside, it's fairly brilliant.

i thought the marketing was brilliant. the film? not so much.

And House of the Dead sucks,but not Lost In Space sucks.

i might be willing to make concessions, only because lost in space had gary oldman in it. and when a good actor does a shitty film, it makes my heart cry.

Kefky
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM

Don't make me bring out the mugs again! :twisted:

c. page
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM

what about jade?

Flonk
03-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Blair Witch is pretty good.

I'm watching Stolen Summer right now. This is probably the worst movie ever.

TSChamp
03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
umm..any Madonna movie has this beat by light years!!!!!!!!!!!!

FredC
03-23-2007, 06:27 PM

*ahem*

Rifftrax... ;) www.rifftrax.com

Of course, they haven't done Lost in Space yet, but they will. Oh, they will.

Vonn Hennigar
03-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Swept Away is a legitimate contender for worst movie ever. But Body Of Evidence rules:twisted:

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Is A League of Their Own considered "A Madonna movie"? Because I'm actually quite fond of that one.

Ray G.
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Dude. Blair Witch 2.

Lost in Space was the movie that finally knocked Titanic off the top of the box office, so I can't truly hate it.

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Lost in Space was the movie that finally knocked Titanic off the top of the box office, so I can't truly hate it.

For fucking serious?

Vonn Hennigar
03-23-2007, 06:31 PM
No mention of Glitter,From Justin To Kelly or Freddy Got Fingered yet?

TSChamp
03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Is A League of Their Own considered "A Madonna movie"? Because I'm actually quite fond of that one.

Not really because she wasn't the lead in it.

Ray G.
03-23-2007, 06:35 PM
For fucking serious?

Oh, it was shit, no doubt. But for me, it will always be associated with the fact that that piece of shit Titanic was no longer #1. And yes, this is the movie that did it. :lol:

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Oh, it was shit, no doubt. But for me, it will always be associated with the fact that that piece of shit Titanic was no longer #1. And yes, this is the movie that did it. :lol:

Wow. America was really desperate for any movie that didn't feature a boat sinking.

c. page
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow. America was really desperate for any movie that didn't feature a boat sinking.

they prefer train wrecks instead.

TSChamp
Thanks. Now I got that fucking song stuck in my head. God I hate Celion Dieon or however her name is spelled!

TheTravis!
Silent Hill is also on TV right now. My cable is trying to murder me.

TheTravis!
03-23-2007, 06:42 PM
they prefer train wrecks instead.

You owe me for that awesome setup, sir. :)

WinterRose
03-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Yea, this and Hudson Hawk are the worst.

You dare to malign the Hawk? Someone get a rope.

That said... they did a great job with catching the feel of the old LiS Series. The big problem of course being that the old series wasn't really all that much worth talking about in the first place. If they were going for an update of the old concept, they did it. But like the man said, no one ever stopped to ask if they should.

Marcdachamp
03-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Silent Hill is also on TV right now. My cable is trying to murder me.

TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!

Yeesh. Come on, Trav, the Sabres just made the Leafs go home crying after coming back from a 4-1 deficit. There's MUCH better TV watchin'. 8-)

c. page
03-23-2007, 06:50 PM
You owe me for that awesome setup, sir. :)

indeed. that was a perfect setup.

i'll try to return the favor someday.

Keith P.
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Gigli

Patrick J
03-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I have to agree.

I saw it once, years ago. I have no idea what happened in this movie. Not a goddamn lick of the fuckin' thing made any sense at all.

WinterRose
03-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Gigli

Man... there's a word that has the Frau Bluchre effect.

*Whinnying horses can be heard in the distance with an accompanying thunderclap.*

Drkemerld73
03-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I just stumbled across this shitburger on cable. Wow. Just wow. I had almost managed to make myself forget how unbelievably,spectacularly goddamned bad this movie is.

I can't say that it is the worst movie ever for 2 reasons.

1) Heather Graham in a tight leather outfit. :thumb:

2) Matt LeBlanc giving me a line I use whenever I am being sarcastic due to the fact that I am asked to do something that any other person could do, but for some reason it's important for me to, and it will go unappreciated: "And the monkey flips the switch".

niceguyeddie
03-23-2007, 07:38 PM
dude, the other day we were talking about howard the duck, which would at least give this flick a run for its money. and then there's the batman & robin, as well as that sci fi flick that that ed wood dude made.
also, don't forget kenneth brannagh's frankenstein.
oceans' twelve, that whoopie goldberg basketball coach flick, that last rambo movie... etc.
I'm just saying Lost in Space = Bad movie... but no way is it the worst movie ever. If we dig long enough we could definetely find something worse than Bulletproof Monk or Double Dragon or heck MK2: annihalation, Resident Evil 2

Flonk
03-23-2007, 07:43 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/826758~Theodore-Rex-Video-Release-Posters.jpg

Vonn Hennigar
03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/826758~Theodore-Rex-Video-Release-Posters.jpg

That can't be real!...Can It? :scared:

GelfXIII
03-23-2007, 07:49 PM

worst ever? Not by a long shot.

... but it did stink to high heaven...:)

half guard
03-23-2007, 07:49 PM

a new mst3k ripping on moving from the 80s and 90s would rule all.

Flonk
03-23-2007, 07:50 PM
That can't be real!...Can It? :scared:

They are both cops in the future. Whoopi wears a tight jumpsuit. Rex's shoes have toes. Yes I have seen it.

Patrick King
03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
a new mst3k ripping on moving from the 80s and 90s would rule all.
It's been mentioned, but Mike Nelson and co. started Rifftrax, which are in MP3 format and you listen to them as you watch the movie. I haven't done any, but I've heard their take on Episode I is nothing short of venomous.

Caley Tibbittz
03-23-2007, 10:40 PM

The original Pink Panther is probably worse. I remember enjoying Lost in Space when I saw it in theaters -- it's dumb all as all living frack, but Oldman is fantastic. I liked LeBlanc and the British chick as well.

Space Monkey, however, must die a billion deaths.:mad:

Patrick King
03-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Lost in Space also introduced the world (well to me anyway) a young hot Lacey Chabert.

Michael Blacklist
03-23-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this funfact about the movie.

Caley Tibbittz
03-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Lost in Space also introduced the world (well to me anyway) a young hot Lacey Chabert.

That bit was fun too.

I'll never argue that it was great cinema, but it had some fun bits, and I've seen a few dozen worse films... I Dreamed of Africa and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone sprining immediately to mind...

Patrick King
03-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Surprised nobody's mentioned Wing Commander, since they came out in the same year I think. God, for such an awesome game series that movie BLEW!!!

Peter McLeod
03-24-2007, 02:44 AM
I loved Hudson Hawk... catburgling to "swingin' on a star", priceless!

worst movie ever? "The Velvet Goldmine", the Glamrock movie that David Bowie saw and pulled his music from.

Soooooooo bad

dimeshop
03-24-2007, 04:03 AM
Surprised nobody's mentioned Wing Commander, since they came out in the same year I think. God, for such an awesome game series that movie BLEW!!!

Oh my god, wing commander was so bad. Intrestingly enough, it also featured pre-matrix bullettime. Wing Commander is totally worse.

I haven't seen Lost in Space since the first time I saw it, but I don't remember it being awful awful. I rememeber thinking leblanc was wooden, but Gary Oldman was such perfect casting for Dr. Smith. I miss the days when he was the bad guy in everything.

Magnum V.I.
03-24-2007, 04:07 AM

Ahh Yes, Also the original Meg Griffen.

Dr. Omega
03-24-2007, 11:43 PM
It wasn't AMAZING, but it was pretty good.

I LOATHE the original TV show, but the film was pretty good and surprisinly dark. The theme song is fantastic.

Hell, Lost is helluva lot better than Superman Returns or X3..

Dr. Ω

Caley Tibbittz
03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Lost [in Space] is helluva lot better than Superman Returns

Dr. ΩI can't decide if I should feel :-x or :rofl: about this... I'm thinking some sort of combination...

Donal DeLay
03-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Batman & Robin.

I don't care what movie you people can name, nothing is as bad as that pile of shit. B&R made Lost In Space look like a Kubrick movie.

A.Huerta
03-25-2007, 01:37 AM
The Black Dahlia

Dr. Omega
03-26-2007, 12:56 AM

I never followed the game, but knew of it peripherally. The games had Mark Hammill and Malcolm McDowell, along with great cat-alien make-up.

The movie had David Warner, Matthew Lilliard and Freddie Prinze Jr. !!!! The aliens looked like Salamanders with lights behind their eyes who couldn't move their necks.

it had every cliche in the book -- The Top Gun "lost my partner so now I can't fly", the combo, last of race, chosen-one, jedi powers like my father thing, the no romantic involvement whatsoever with the female lead, but we make out at the end, the major battle happens in the background, heck, they even pulled the "run out of gas" cliche.. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Wing Commander makes the Star Wars Christmas Special look like Oscar-winning fare. GAH!! Just thinking about it makes me want to wash out my brain..

Dr. Ω

Vroom_Socko
03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Batman & Robin.

I don't care what movie you people can name, nothing is as bad as that pile of shit. B&R made Lost In Space look like a Kubrick movie.

Of course, both were written by Akiva Goldsman, the man who also "adapted" I, Robot and The Da Vinci Code. It's more like butchered in the case of Robot though. Can't speak for Code; I never read it.

The fact that this hack has an Oscar is a crime against cinema, nature, and God.

Caley Tibbittz
03-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Batman & Robin.

I don't care what movie you people can name, nothing is as bad as that pile of shit. B&R made Lost In Space look like a Kubrick movie.I hate Kubrick. And following is a list of movies I enjoyed far less than the admittedly horrible Batman & Robin:

8 Millimeter
Leprechaun
I Dreamed of Africa
The Pink Panther (original)
2001: A Space Odessy
Jaws
A.I.
Wet Hot American Summer
The Man Who Wasn't There
Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow

Boris the Blade
03-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Your list is half obviously-bad, but the other half (The Pink Panther (original),2001: A Space Odyessy, Jaws, A.I., The Man Who Wasn't There) are quite clearly brilliant, and you're out of your mind. But that's okay.

BWC Boston
03-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Your list is half obviously-bad, but the other half (The Pink Panther (original),2001: A Space Odyessy, Jaws, A.I., The Man Who Wasn't There) are quite clearly brilliant, and you're out of your mind. But that's okay.

Thank you!

AI? Mixed bag, I personally think it fell apart, but is an interesting thing to watch if you're aware of its pedigree. MAN WHO WASN'T THERE? Fine, not your cup of whatever, but I assure you it's awesome. 2001? Same.

But how can you hate on JAWS? It's JAWS!! THE most crowd-pleasing movie EVER. And god help you, shitting on Peter Sellers.

c. page
03-26-2007, 02:08 AM
i'm also shocked, SHOCKED i say, that nobody has mentioned battlefield earth.

man, was that a turd of a movie.

Michael Blacklist
03-26-2007, 02:12 AM
i'm also shocked, SHOCKED i say, that nobody has mentioned battlefield earth.

man, was that a turd of a movie.

Just walking by it when I worked in a projection booth made me mad. Was it really poorly put together as the few snippets I saw made it out to be?

jza1218
03-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever gets my vote.

Fell asleep two times in that damn movie. TWO TIMES. I literally woke up, saw it was still on, watched two more minutes and got knocked unconscious again.

JackBauer
03-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever gets my vote.

Fell asleep two times in that damn movie. TWO TIMES. I literally woke up, saw it was still on, watched two more minutes and got knocked unconscious again.

I fell asleep two times during Analyze That and Catch Me If You Can.
Have never seen Lost In Space, because everyone on the internet says it's a terrible waste of time.

Kefky
03-26-2007, 03:52 AM
(The Pink Panther (original)

And god help you, shitting on Peter Sellers.

Really? I enjoy the later movies, and while I wouldn't call it the worst of the anything, I find the original pink panther to be pretty shit. They did the right thing making Clauseu the main character for the sequels.

SteveZegers
03-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Lost in Space had a computer generated yellow monkey thing. How could any movie with one of those be the worst? That's just silly.

It's not good, but I'm sure there are much worse ones.