PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who series 4 confirmed

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 06:56 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42713000/jpg/_42713091_who_long.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6478389.stm

Speaking at the premiere of the third series in London, Davies said: "Series four is officially existing. I'm very excited, but we have known for ages."

But he refused to say whether the star of the hit sci-fi show, David Tennant, would return in the lead role.
Although no mention of a 2007 Christmas special, although given the success of the last 2 I'd imagine that was a given as part of series 4.

Colin Boylan
03-22-2007, 06:57 AM
All right!

Ryudo
03-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Yay!

Maybe Tennant will come back. Whoever comes after him will have rather large shoes to fill.

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Apparantly a wee spoiler from the screening the Doctor mentions in the first episode that he has a brother . . . hmmm . . . John Simm appears as the Master for the series finale . . . hmmm . . . draw your own conclusions.

ds9
03-22-2007, 07:20 AM
They should put Torchwood on too.

artimoff
03-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Season 3 starts in 9 days.

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Season 3 starts in 9 days.
Sorry but here in the UK it's series, we don't hold with TV "seasons" (primarily because there a so few episodes for each run of a show).

Mister E
03-22-2007, 07:48 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42713000/jpg/_42713091_who_long.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6478389.stm

Although no mention of a 2007 Christmas special, although given the success of the last 2 I'd imagine that was a given as part of series 4.

That suit is HOT! I need to get a 3-piece like yesterday!

Ryudo
03-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry but here in the UK it's series, we don't hold with TV "seasons" (primarily because there a so few episodes for each run of a show).

Yeah, like, what's up with that? Rarely does a show get above twenty episodes.

Although I suppose I shouldn't complain, since most of them are more than an hour long.

Mister E
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were only about two and a half episodes of Coupling! Are there like triple the amount of shows as in the States?

What do you DO with yourselves in-between The Christmas Invasion and the start of the new series????

FredC
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
I really hope Tennant doesn't leave. I think it's just too soon to go changing Doctor's again (at least for me, anyway). I think it'd be nice to have some sense of stability in the series.

artimoff
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM

Well, make more episodes.

SimiBoyz
03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah, like, what's up with that? Rarely does a show get above twenty episodes.

Although I suppose I shouldn't complain, since most of them are more than an hour long.

A lot of the times we don't have as many writers working on the same show or have the budget to make that many.

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 09:25 AM
:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I think we all know how I feel on the subject of Tennant staying on. HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.

Also, that three piece? :drool:

WinterRose
03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
What do you DO with yourselves in-between The Christmas Invasion and the start of the new series????

They live lives of hanging on in quiet desperation until one of the spinoff shows starts airing to fill the void in their lives. Like Pink Floyd sang about.

Mister E
03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
They live lives of hanging on in quiet desperation until one of the spinoff shows starts airing to fill the void in their lives. Like Pink Floyd sang about.

Ohhh, so their hands swell up like two balloons?

Wow, good thing for that Revolutionary War. I like my hands normal size. :-P

Brandon191
03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Great news! I really hope Tennant sticks around.

Dave S.
03-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Torchwood was okay, although the lack of hot women was a disappointment. But then, I'm not all that into the new companion, so the lack of Rose might ruin Dr. Who for me.

WinterRose
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Torchwood was okay, although the lack of hot women was a disappointment. But then, I'm not all that into the new companion, so the lack of Rose might ruin Dr. Who for me.

Oddly, I thought that Gwen was hot in Torchwood. Interesting pretty as opposed to boring pretty an all that.

ds9
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Torchwood was okay, although the lack of hot women was a disappointment. But then, I'm not all that into the new companion, so the lack of Rose might ruin Dr. Who for me.the lesbian sex was hot.

Dave S.
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Oddly, I thought that Gwen was hot in Torchwood. Interesting pretty as opposed to boring pretty an all that.

Eh, but she was Welsh...

Dave S.
03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
the lesbian sex was hot.

The episode with the alien that killed by sex was hot.

ds9
03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
The episode with the alien that killed by sex was hot.sure was.

Dark Sasha
03-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Well that's cool

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Someone needs to find me a hi-rez version of that picture, stat.

WinterRose
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Eh, but she was Welsh...

Immaterial. Her accent was hot too. That may have been one full quarter of her hotness for me as a matter a fact.

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Eh, but she was Welsh...

There is nothing wrong with being Welsh. :x

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 12:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with being Welsh. :x
Do you prefer beardy Tennant from that drama about brain damage shown recently and "Who Do You Think You Are" or the sideboards Tennant?
I guess that's a daft question . . .

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Do you prefer beardy Tennant from that drama about brain damage shown recently and "Who Do You Think You Are" or the sideboards Tennant?
I guess that's a daft question . . .

I will take him any way. He's a beautiful man.

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I will take him any way. He's a beautiful man.
What about in drag on Rab C Nesbit?

. . . I was never confused . . . still . . . it's been a while . . .

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 12:25 PM
What about in drag on Rab C Nesbit?

. . . I was never confused . . . still . . . it's been a while . . .

This is exactly why I need to live in the UK. I don't get to see all the good stuff. Saw him in drag on Saturday Night Project, and that was pretty hysterical.

So pretty. :D

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
This is exactly why I need to live in the UK. I don't get to see all the good stuff. Saw him in drag on Saturday Night Project, and that was pretty hysterical.

So pretty. :D
You see hystria . . . I . . . see . . . conficted . . . nghh

(wait a minute it was Friday Nights with those cretins . . . is there another show I'm missing?)

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
You see hystria . . . I . . . see . . . conficted . . . nghh

(wait a minute it was Friday Nights with those cretins . . . is there another show I'm missing?)

No, you're right, I'm just combining my American TV with my British.

He does make a lovely girl, though. :)

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
No, you're right, I'm just combining my American TV with my British.

He does make a lovely girl, though. :)
No sweat. Originaly us Brits tried to launch a version of Saturday Night Live (and our own Saturday Night Armistice) only to discover that everyone was out on the pish and the pull on Saturday nights and moved the relevant shows to Friday nights (where not so many people were out on the pish and pull).

Queen of the Ban Age
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
No sweat. Originaly us Brits tried to launch a version of Saturday Night Live (and our own Saturday Night Armistice) only to discover that everyone was out on the pish and the pull on Saturday nights and moved the relevant shows to Friday nights (where not so many people were out on the pish and pull).

Hence why the Brits will always be smarter than Americans.

ScotiaNova
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
That suit is HOT! I need to get a 3-piece like yesterday!
I hope you're refering to Mr Tenants suit as Freema's dress appears to have three pieces of blue . . . please don't go there.

SimiBoyz
03-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Which always confused me because everyone was also out on the Fridays getting pissed, :?