PDA

View Full Version : Subscriptions?

indecKs
03-21-2007, 08:31 AM
So this might sound odd to most of you, but I don't really know how the comics 'thing' works. I read comics a lot when I was a kid (mainly spider-man, Batman and Silver Surfer) but I never went to a 'comic shop' for my issues. I'd just go to the local supermarket's newspaper/magazine stand and pick up the latest issue of Spidey or Surfer.

Is there a way to have comics shipped to my home? I recently got into Invincible and to be quite honest, its the only comic I've actually read through it's entirity (to date) since the Infinity War.

Yeah. That long. Let's just say I was a bit surprised to hear that Mac Gargan is now Venom when I found out. A couple of months ago.

Anyway I don't really want to have to go to a comic shop to pick up my latest issue of Invincible, I'd rather have a sub that goes to my home. Is that possible, and if so where can I go to get one of these types of subs?

Thanks for your help.

SteveZegers
03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.midtowncomics.com/

Matt O'Keefe
03-21-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.dcbservice.com/

Huge discount, ships to your door. Way better than subscriptions (just starting it now)

Taxman
03-21-2007, 08:38 AM
So this might sound odd to most of you, but I don't really know how the comics 'thing' works. I read comics a lot when I was a kid (mainly spider-man, Batman and Silver Surfer) but I never went to a 'comic shop' for my issues. I'd just go to the local supermarket's newspaper/magazine stand and pick up the latest issue of Spidey or Surfer.

Is there a way to have comics shipped to my home? I recently got into Invincible and to be quite honest, its the only comic I've actually read through it's entirity (to date) since the Infinity War.

Yeah. That long. Let's just say I was a bit surprised to hear that Mac Gargan is now Venom when I found out. A couple of months ago.

Anyway I don't really want to have to go to a comic shop to pick up my latest issue of Invincible, I'd rather have a sub that goes to my home. Is that possible, and if so where can I go to get one of these types of subs?

Thanks for your help.If you just want Invincible, you should check the Image site to see whether they offer subscriptions. If you are willing to trade wait, you could just order these from Amazon.

For multiple titles, there are several services that will mail you whatever comics you'd like.

indecKs
03-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks Steve, but that place requires that I buy 10 comics at a time. I'm really only interested in Invincible. I perused DBCS for a few minutes but I think I might be behind a few issues that I didn't know about. I thought the latest was issue 38, and it seems the series is already up to issue 44.

SteveZegers
03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks Steve, but that place requires that I buy 10 comics at a time. I'm really only interested in Invincible. I perused DBCS for a few minutes but I think I might be behind a few issues that I didn't know about. I thought the latest was issue 38, and it seems the series is already up to issue 44.

I didn't realize there was a limit. This one is pretty good too:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/

indecKs
03-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the help fellas!