PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Iron Fist vs. Punisher: War Journal

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I thought it'd be interesting to see which one you guys thought was better. Both titles came out in November and since then have been great. Immortal Iron Fist is off to a great start, with all first three issues selling out. Punisher: War Journal is doing great as well with the Punisher returning to the MU.

For me it'd have to be Immortal Iron Fist. I like Punisher and all but personally like the MAX version better. Immortal Iron Fist has been just a fantastic read. Brubaker and Fraction are doing a great job writing Iron Fist and the way they are doing the story is awesome. I love the whole legacy idea. The titled is fueled with martial arts action and added to the book is amazing art by David Aja. With great writing, art, action and storytelling, Immortal Iron Fist gets my vote.

Which one do you choose?

Matt O'Keefe
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I love both, but War Journal is much more unique IMO. Iron Fist is like a second Daredevil comic (which I don't mind at all, DD is the best comic on the stands)

TheKraken
03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I will almost always go for the funnier book, so it's Punisher. But I really like Iron Fist.

Kefky
03-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Punisher for me, too, specially now that the CW tie-ins are over.

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
4 for Iron Fist and 3 for War Journal.

Keep up your thoughts guys. :D

Good & Evil
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I have to go with Iron Fist. I may be to used to the Puniser MAx series which is awesome so the War Journal seems to hokey/jokey for me.

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I have to go with Iron Fist. I may be to used to the Puniser MAx series which is awesome so the War Journal seems to hokey/jokey for me.

Yeah, I don't really like the art on War Journal that much. The first issues of War Journal were ok though...the fourth one seemed to pick up a bit.

Master Jack Rabbitt
03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Iron Fist. I've already lost interest in War Journal, whereas Iron Fist is one of the first books I read.

Matt O'Keefe
03-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't really like the art on War Journal that much. The first issues of War Journal were ok though...the fourth one seemed to pick up a bit.

That was a completely different artist......

TheKraken
03-13-2007, 04:13 PM

A much less enjoyable artist to my eye, frankly. Not a Deodato fan... not sure why so many people seem to dislike Olivetti, either...

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Iron Fist. I've already lost interest in War Journal, whereas Iron Fist is one of the first books I read.

Yeah, I might drop War Journal after #5. I gave it a chance, but just don't have that much interest in it. Maybe though, maybe...

I know, and I thought it was much better than Ariel's art work.

Akira
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
i'm still pulling one, and i dropped the other

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Which one did you drop?

THWIP!
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Iron Fist. Both are great but it came out to the art and I like Aja over Olivetti. I just don't like the gigantic arms that he draws on the Punisher.

Fake Pat
03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
War Journal all the way.

I like Iron Fist a LOT, but Fraction is writing the Punisher book I've been waiting for my whole life without ever even knowing it.

John Drake
03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I might drop War Journal after #5. I gave it a chance, but just don't have that much interest in it. Maybe though, maybe...

I know, and I thought it was much better than Ariel's art work.

I agree.
I have yet to read Iron Fist, but I didn't really enjoy War Journal. I prefer the MAX version.

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Iron Fist. Both are great but it came out to the art and I like Aja over Olivetti. I just don't like the gigantic arms that he draws on the Punisher.

Exactly my point.

I agree.
I have yet to read Iron Fist, but I didn't really enjoy War Journal. I prefer the MAX version.

I highly recommend Immortal Iron Fist. It's one of the best books Marvel has out right now.

Fake Pat
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I highly recommend Immortal Iron Fist. It's one of the best books Marvel has out right now.

You don't say? ;)

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:32 PM
You don't say? ;)

LOL. :cool:

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:40 PM
12 for Immortal Iron Fist and 4 for Punisher War Journal.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

SteveZegers
03-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I've always liked Iron Fist, and always disliked Punisher. I continue to feel that way.

RebootedCorpse
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't consider War Journal to be the "real" Punisher.

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I've always liked Iron Fist, and always disliked Punisher. I continue to feel that way.

Fair enough.

I don't consider War Journal to be the "real" Punisher.

Yeah, I think Ennis writes him best.

Akira
03-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Which one did you drop?

War Journal.

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
War Journal.

Thought so. Like I said, i'm consdering dropping War Journal as well.

Knightspider
03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
i'm far more intrested in Iron Fist than i am with Punisher, thanks to Bendis/Brubaker for having him in Daredevil

but i do enjoy reading Punisher and i do enjoy both book, you have to had it to Fraction for bringing the funny in his book cause i highly doubt thats an easy thing to do with Punisher

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
i'm far more intrested in Iron Fist than i am with Punisher, thanks to Bendis/Brubaker for having him in Daredevil

I agree. I think what Brubaker and Fraction are doing with Iron Fist is awesome. And Bendis having Iron Fist on the New Avengers is cool to.

but i do enjoy reading Punisher and i do enjoy both book, you have to had it to Fraction for bringing the funny in his book cause i highly doubt thats an easy thing to do with Punisher

Yes that's true. But I just prefer the MAX series way more. Punisher is a maniac killer, and it's best shown in the MAX series.

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Some pics to help out this poll.

Immortal Iron Fist

http://images.newsarama.com/marvelnew/May07/covers/IRONFIST_006.jpg

Punisher: War Journal

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/May07/covers/PUNWARJ007.jpg

bartleby
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
We get it. You really, really like Iron Fist.

changingshades
03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I've only been picking up Iron fist, so should I vote?

Iron Fist
03-13-2007, 05:59 PM
We get it. You really, really like Iron Fist.

Yes I do, would you like to say your vote?

I've only been picking up Iron fist, so should I vote?

If you want to, it doesn't really matter lol.

dj127
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
i like both. but enjoy iron fist more...

Cuckoo
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I buy them both and I enjoy them both, but if I had to pick one it would be Iron Fist. Mainly because of the art on it. The writing on both books is supurb but I like Aja's art more than I do Oliverti's (sp).

Knightspider
03-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes that's true. But I just prefer the MAX series way more. Punisher is a maniac killer, and it's best shown in the MAX series.

oh, i agree i've only read Punisher:tyger and the end, then i pick up Irish Kitchen i belive the 2nd arc and was turnd away, i'm picking it up agian and enjoying it a lot

but i also like the fun Fraction brings, but their both staying in my pull list

Garra
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Punisher gets my vote.

A.Huerta
03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Im picking up IF so there ya go.

The Human Target
03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I tried Punisher. Didn't care for it. I prefer the more down to Earth version of the character. And I totally hate that he was anti-registration during Civil War, and this is an extension of that stupid idea.

Iron Fist is currently one of two Marvel U books in my pull list. I'm enjoying it.

Billie
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
I read both,but find this thread pointless.

Iron Fist
03-14-2007, 05:31 PM
oh, i agree i've only read Punisher:tyger and the end, then i pick up Irish Kitchen i belive the 2nd arc and was turnd away, i'm picking it up agian and enjoying it a lot

but i also like the fun Fraction brings, but their both staying in my pull list

Yeah, Fraction's writing is ok. I don't know though, after reading #5 I'm still undecided what I want to do with War Journal.

Im picking up IF so there ya go.

Cool. :cool:

I read both,but find this thread pointless.

Why?

Michael Wagner
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I have always liked Danny better. Just an awesome costume.

dEnny!
03-14-2007, 05:41 PM
No competition here, Brubaker, Aja, and Fraction's IRON FIST.

Iron Fist
03-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I have always liked Danny better. Just an awesome costume.

The new suit for Iron Fist was introduced in #3 and will ofcourse be seen in #4 just like the preview shows. So yeah, it's a great new suit for him.