PDA

View Full Version : I'm so fucking happy right now, I think I'm gonna cry...

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
ESPN.com news services

The NHL, the governor, players, fans & pretty much nobody wanted the Penguins to leave Pittsburgh, but economics almost made it a reality. Now it looks like the danger has passed.

Multiple media outlets reported on Monday night that the team, state and local leaders have reached an agreement on a new arena that will keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh. KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh first reported the agreement on its Web site.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, citing unidentified sources, reported that the sides have reached agreement on terms for a new arena that will be ready for operation for the 2009-10 season.

The paper reports that the agreement includes a 30-year lease.

Thank

Fucking

God!!!

:surrend:

King of Mars
03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Shit. I thought you got laid.

The Human Target
03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Shit, I thought you finally got laid too.

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Six more weeks for that. The girl is still fucked off to Australia right now. She might even be dead. Dunno, haven't heard from her in a month.

But whatever, fuck that. GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Human Target
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
You have your virginity loss penciled into a day calender?

Lucky bastard.

Oh shit, have you recently purchased a helper monkey?

Cause if so, you may be living a real life version of Y the Last Man. :scared:

Taxman
03-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I think they may party in the streets here.

Brian Defferding
03-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I was really hoping you got laid. But this will do.

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I think they may party in the streets here.

What do people in Vegas care about the Penguins?

For that matter, what does anybody anywhere care about the NHL? :evil:

JMP

I'm a relative nobody around here and even I thought he got laid.

saymama

me too!

Humphrey_Lee
You have your virginity loss penciled into a day calender?

Lucky bastard.

Oh shit, have you recently purchased a helper monkey?

Cause if so, you may be living a real life version of Y the Last Man. :scared:

Why would I be living in the past?

And leave my monkey alone! He's all excitable and throws poop at kindergardeners..... Fuck I hate kindergardeners.....

(though I wrote a Y: The Last Man parody about all this that I might put in the column one week. The parallels are too good to pass up.)

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Amos Moses
03-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hump Lee is the only reason I keep coming to the Benbo.

Him and the great wings.

The Human Target
03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
So you at some point got laid?

Well thats good, I guess.

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
So you at some point got laid?

Well thats good, I guess.

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT GODDAMMIT!!! WE'RE KEEPING OUR HOCKEY TEAM! WE'RE GONNA RAISE THE CUP SOMETIME IN THE NEXT TWO-TO-THREE SEASONS YOU FUCKING HEATHEN!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

BWC Boston
03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I came in ready to mock a public virginity loss boast, and now I have to regroup and mock a Penguins fan. Think, dammit, think!

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I came in ready to mock a public virginity loss boast, and now I have to regroup and mock a Penguins fan. Think, dammit, think!

You don't have ground to stand on. You don't even have a hockey team... errr... wait... sorry. Teehee ;)

The Human Target
03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT GODDAMMIT!!! WE'RE KEEPING OUR HOCKEY TEAM! WE'RE GONNA RAISE THE CUP SOMETIME IN THE NEXT TWO-TO-THREE SEASONS YOU FUCKING HEATHEN!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I mock your hockey.

And the city of Pittsburgh, that while kinda cool is so annoying to drive around I groan each time I must go there.

BWC Boston
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
You don't have ground to stand on. You don't even have a hockey team... errr... wait... sorry. Teehee ;)

That was a gift. For you, for your sportsfanabration

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
I mock your hockey.

And the city of Pittsburgh, that while kinda cool is so annoying to drive around I groan each time I must go there.

And I mock your... uh........ your uh..... god, so many things to pick.... uh, your hair looks like you did a couple stand ins for Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary......

... eh, I guess that'll do.

Come to the Con you bitch.

Go Pens!

The Marvel Girl
03-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Thank

Fucking

God!!!

:surrend:

Ditto :)

CapnChaos
03-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Go Devils! :grope:

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Go Devils! :grope:

Don't you mean "Go Brodeur"? He's pretty much your team anyways.

God I love talking hockey smack!

CapnChaos
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Don't you mean "Go Brodeur"? He's pretty much your team anyways.

God I love talking hockey smack!

I'm glad they actually play instead of just buying their championships.

Brodeur is awesome though. I loved it when Roy was being a whiny bitch about him starting in the Olympics.

Vonn Hennigar
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Great news, Pittsburghs a good hockey town and i hate to see a Stanley Cup winning team leave their city especially since their 3rd Cup will almpst certainly be coming within 5 years. And that's being really really really pessimistic.

Magnum V.I.
03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Great news, Pittsburghs a good hockey town and i hate to see a Stanley Cup winning team leave their city especially since their 3rd Cup will almpst certainly be coming within 5 years. And that's being really really really pessimistic.

What are you talking about? The Penguins will die in a horrible Plane crash and never get the cup ever again!

Vonn Hennigar
03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
What are you talking about? The Penguins will die in a horrible Plane crash and never get the cup ever again!

Nah, that's the Calgary Flames you're thinking of.

Magnum V.I.
03-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Nah, that's the Calgary Flames you're thinking of.

I don't pay attention to Hockey. I'll check the sports page for Thrasher scores but never really got into it.

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm glad they actually play instead of just buying their championships.

Brodeur is awesome though. I loved it when Roy was being a whiny bitch about him starting in the Olympics.

Buying championships? What do I look like, a Red Wings fan? ;)

Brodeur is the man though, and the only reason I don't hate that franchise with an all encompassing fury (aren't divisional rivalries great?) Both those goalies are amazing though, can't really argue Roy's talent, though I still think Ken Dryden is the best netminder of all time.

If it makes you feel better, NJ is the second most team I don't want to face in the playoffs. Sadly, the first one (Ottawa) is the one we're going to get first round. bastards...

CapnChaos
03-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Buying championships? What do I look like, a Red Wings fan? ;)

Brodeur is the man though, and the only reason I don't hate that franchise with an all encompassing fury (aren't divisional rivalries great?) Both those goalies are amazing though, can't really argue Roy's talent, though I still think Ken Dryden is the best netminder of all time.

If it makes you feel better, NJ is the second most team I don't want to face in the playoffs. Sadly, the first one (Ottawa) is the one we're going to get first round. bastards...

Yeah, that WAS intended to be a much bigger slight against the Red Wings and Avalanche than Pittsburgh.

I wish it was easier to follow hockey in the midwest, but there's a big hole over us unless you're a fucking Blues fan.

Humphrey_Lee
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah, that WAS intended to be a much bigger slight against the Red Wings and Avalanche than Pittsburgh.

I wish it was easier to follow hockey in the midwest, but there's a big hole over us unless you're a fucking Blue fan.

I've got SRO's for the game against the Sabres tomorrow. That arena is going to fucking explode when they drop that puck. I'm so fucking amped for this. This is the greatest news I've heard in a decade. If the team left, I was going with them. I've got a team jersey that's 15 years old now that my brother gave me 12 years ago when I started watching hockey. And, appropriately, it's faded, slightly torn, still has some faint blood stains on it, and also has a slight beer smell to it from when I wore it practically every day in college. Can't wait for the fucking playoffs....

thefreakytiki
03-12-2007, 11:47 PM
SCRATCH MY BACK WITH A HACKSAW!!!!!!

I may live in Boston, but I was born and Raised in the Steel City. This is great news!!!

the Tiki

P.S. When I shit it's colored Black and Gold. Is that normal?:scared:

Basketball Jesus
03-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Congratulations. I'm a Leafs fan, and wouldn't have minded not having to play the Pens 4 times a year, but Pittsburgh really is a great hockey town and deserves to have a team over freakin' Kansas City.

CapnChaos
03-13-2007, 01:53 AM
Congratulations. I'm a Leafs fan, and wouldn't have minded not having to play the Pens 4 times a year, but Pittsburgh really is a great hockey town and deserves to have a team over freakin' Kansas City.

If I were less of a gentleman, I'd want to kick you in the head for disparaging the home of my beloved Chiefs. :-x
(And the Royals... as long as they don't have another season like the last two.)

Humphrey_Lee
03-13-2007, 01:55 AM
If I were less of a gentleman, I'd want to kick you in the head for disparaging the home of my beloved Chiefs. :-x
(And the Royals... as long as they don't have another season like the last two.)

If it makes you feel better, you can have the Pirates roster. That might help you guys win, I dunno, eight more games this year.

Fuck I can't wait for this game tonight. I'm so goddamn excited I might have to go kick three of the neighborhood dogs to death in order to calm me down enough to sleep.... :cool:

Basketball Jesus
03-13-2007, 01:56 AM

My apologies. I in no way meant to disparage Kansas City as a sports town, just as a hockey town. Fond memories of the Scouts aside, it would have been a tragic shame if the Pens moved.

Humphrey_Lee
03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we start back on the heels of the good news with a win against one of the top teams in the league. And I even got to go to the actual game. Man I hope I can get playoff tickets. This is going to be so awesome now.

Taxman
03-13-2007, 09:39 PM
What do people in Vegas care about the Penguins?Their owners were trolling around here a couple of weeks ago, pretending they were interested in moving.

The Marvel Girl
03-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I want to marry Sidney Crosby.

That is all.