PDA

View Full Version : A quick Cap note from BRU

Ed Brubaker
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I don't know how many of you read my little Q and A yesterday on CBR, but if you did, I need to point out the correction I sent in to them last night:

After reading Joe Quesada's interview yesterday, I think I am remembering some details wrong and he and Mark Millar are remembering them right. Plus, I was trying to be a bit cheeky, which doesn't always work in print.

So, while I think the basic idea of Captain America being killed in Cap 25 was something I initially put out there, I think there was actually some debate about whether it should happen in Civil War instead of Cap. I don't remember it being discussed much, but Joe's interview sparked my memory a bit, and I know there was some back and forth on this. In my defense, we were locked in a room for three days straight, well over a year ago, talking about every book Marvel publishes in detail, and none of us were getting much sleep.

Albert
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know how many of you read my little Q and A yesterday on CBR, but if you did, I need to point out the correction I sent in to them last night:

After reading Joe Quesada's interview yesterday, I think I am remembering some details wrong and he and Mark Millar are remembering them right. Plus, I was trying to be a bit cheeky, which doesn't always work in print.

So, while I think the basic idea of Captain America being killed in Cap 25 was something I initially put out there, I think there was actually some debate about whether it should happen in Civil War instead of Cap. I don't remember it being discussed much, but Joe's interview sparked my memory a bit, and I know there was some back and forth on this. In my defense, we were locked in a room for three days straight, well over a year ago, talking about every book Marvel publishes in detail, and none of us were getting much sleep.

Cool.

Can you get me a copy?

bartleby
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I've got a quick question:

Can you get me a copy of CAPTAIN AMERICA #25?

If so, I'll buy the CRIMINAL trade and start picking up the individual issues.

EximiusVir
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM
So I'm guessing marvel didn't exactly get positive feedbacks about unmasking Peter in CW #2.

Cth
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM

Thanks for posting that!

I was trying to remember when the last Marvel Retreat was, and figured that would be about the time something like this was discussed to coordinate.

It helps to show others who claim that it was an editorially mandated decision made a few months ago rather than you planning this far in advance.

Jef UK
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
So I'm guessing marvel didn't exactly get positive feedbacks about unmasking Peter in CW #2.

What does that mean?

A.Huerta

I liked it.

Ed Brubaker
I wish I could get copies. I didn't even think to have my retailer sell me a stack that I could sign and sell on ebay for 50 bucks a shot. That's just not my style, I guess.

Jack3k
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I read the Newsarama interview this morning before I left for class. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this story.

Ray G.
03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm very glad you got the chance to tell the story in Cap's book. It came off much classier there than it would have as a "shock ending" to Civil War.

ds9
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Why did you put down the death of superman?:cry:

Brandon191
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey Ed, how many copies did you put up on E-bay? :lol:

RebootedCorpse
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
You've murdered an American icon.
You truly are the man.
Seriously, you handled that story better than anyone else could have. Bravo.

Cows and Effect
03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Cap #25 was a great story, Ed!

Now prepare for the
REIGN OF THE SUPER-SOLDIERS!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/americ7.gif (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/americop.htm) http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/amerid8.gif (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/ameridrd.htm)

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/b/b7/Patriot.jpg (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Patriot_(Elijah_Bradley))http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/1/1d/Winter_soldier.jpg (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Winter_Soldier)

PeterSparker
03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
If I was stuck in that retreat with Millar for three days, I'd try and forget as much of it as possible too. :)

Evan Wiener
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I wish I could get copies. I didn't even think to have my retailer sell me a stack that I could sign and sell on ebay for 50 bucks a shot. That's just not my style, I guess.

That's because you have class and actually care about the industry. If your thought process and motivation was to make that short-term profit would have been a shot in the foot for all those who've worked to make comics profitable by telling quality stories and not cashing in on a short-term hype machine like in the 90s.

Evan Wiener
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Cap #25 was a great story, Ed!

Now prepare for the
REIGN OF THE SUPER-SOLDIERS!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/americ7.gif (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/americop.htm) http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/amerid8.gif (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/ameridrd.htm)

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/b/b7/Patriot.jpg (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Patriot_%28Elijah_Bradley%29)http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/1/1d/Winter_soldier.jpg (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Winter_Soldier)

Who the hell is the guy in the cop outfit, and who is the Giant Cap?

Cows and Effect
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Who the hell is the guy in the cop outfit, and who is the Giant Cap?

The pics are all clickable . . .

JABSEN
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Who the hell is the guy in the cop outfit, and who is the Giant Cap?AmeriCop. I don't know the Giant one.

Mister Mets
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I think it was a better move to have Cap die in Captain America #25 rather than the end of Civil War.

It allowed Marvel an opportunity to show the extended reaction to Cap's arrest, and have the issue where Captain America died be essentially self-contained/ involve his supporting cast. It also establishes Cap's death as the beginning of something big, rather than an ending to an epic.

Evan Wiener
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
The pics are all clickable . . .

COOL! Thanks!

Artie Pink
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM

Hello Mr. Brubaker. I'm a big fan.

Are you saying you came up with the idea of killing Cap? Or that you came up with the idea of killing him in Cap #25 rather than in Civil War?

Matt O'Keefe
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Now can you tell us when Steve's coming back?:D

Ed Brubaker
03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Hello Mr. Brubaker. I'm a big fan.

Are you saying you came up with the idea of killing Cap? Or that you came up with the idea of killing him in Cap #25 rather than in Civil War?

My recollection is that it was my idea, but when you're in a room with 50 people and the ideas are flying, it's hard to say. Read my newsarama interview for a deeper analysis of that thought.

costello
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I think it was a better move to have Cap die in Captain America #25 rather than the end of Civil War.

It allowed Marvel an opportunity to show the extended reaction to Cap's arrest, and have the issue where Captain America died be essentially self-contained/ involve his supporting cast. It also establishes Cap's death as the beginning of something big, rather than an ending to an epic.

I completely agree with what Mister Mets has to say. Plus, because Cap's death occurs in his own book, it doesn't cheapen the ending in Civil War. This move allowed us to debate the reasoning behind Cap bowing down. I think if the death took place in the same book, Marvel wouldn't have had the chance for all of the discussion.

Marcdachamp
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Ed, I must say, that issue wasn't just shocking, it was damn well written. But a question.

It's pretty damn obvious that Frank Castle will become Captain America, or at least take on the mantle for a few issues in War Journal. Since you and Fraction are like PB&J these days, can we assume a crossover is in the cards?

TheGibson
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM

$50? Try $100 my dear scribe.

You're a hot item today! Tomorrow, who knows... :)

Akira
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM

Agreed on every level.

bartleby
03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
$50? Try $100 my dear scribe.

You're a hot item today! Tomorrow, who knows... :)

Apparently his signature is so undesirable that it knocks 50 bucks off the going rate.

Artie Pink
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
My recollection is that it was my idea, but when you're in a room with 50 people and the ideas are flying, it's hard to say. Read my newsarama interview for a deeper analysis of that thought.

I see, and I thank you for your honesty.

I've really enjoyed your run, and I am sure you will make magic happen with this story.

But I gotta say, this is a pretty big development for the character of Cap. I would think if this was part of your plan all along, that you would remember for sure that it was your idea.

Cap is a major character, the iconic embodiment of the American spirit in the Marvel Universe. I know you have a lot of respect for him. I would think that killing him would stand out if it was originally part of your larger story.

I'm guessing you remember for certain that bringing back Bucky was your idea, for example.

And that's where I am sad about this. The Winter Soldier was a great story that rose above the raised eyebrows. It didn't have buzz or press conferences, it just won acclaim and awards because you had such a great story to tell. The Winter Soldier story was a rock that you rolled uphill with your creativity, and it was glorious.

This seems like some lemons that corporate thinking brought to you. I am sure you will make tasty lemonade out of 'em, but I'm still sad to see the creative process go this way.

I would have loved to see your Cap run unfettered by crossovers, and events, and such.

I hope you do not take offense at me saying this. Like I said, I am fully expecting to enjoy the ride, nonetheless.

I will be happy to delete this post if you wish.

Matt O'Keefe
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Bru, I really respect your writing. Daredevil, Criminal and Cap are all in my top 10 pulls. I'm hoping this publicity benefits you and the rest of Marvel, although I'm scared it might backfire. Whenever you'd even approach the subject of killing Steve Rogers, I know that you'd have a great story behind it. But I'm still holding out hope that you're pulling a Foggy here.

By the way, could you recommend me some of your favorite crime noir, both movies and books? It's a genre I want to get more into, and there's no better person to ask than the source.

costello
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I agree with what you said in the Newsarama issue, I was more shocked that Sharon was the killer than the the actual death of Captain America. Also, I was under the impression that he still died a hero. There was a lazer pointed on the back of the officer in front of the Captain. He jumped up and pushed the guy, therefore taking the bullet instead.

costello
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Bru, I really respect your writing. Daredevil, Criminal and Cap are all in my top 10 pulls. I'm hoping this publicity benefits you and the rest of Marvel, although I'm scared it might backfire. Whenever you'd even approach the subject of killing Steve Rogers, I know that you'd have a great story behind it. But I'm still holding out hope that you're pulling a Foggy here.

By the way, could you recommend me some of your favorite crime noir, both movies and books? It's a genre I want to get more into, and there's no better person to ask than the source.

Pulling a Foggy? I think more people may be weary because there never was an intention to kill Superman back in 1993.

Skatonic10
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM

Apparently that's some LCSes style. I heard people were buying like 10 at a time.

Just not cool...

Cth
03-08-2007, 11:52 AM
And I'd like to remind everyone that Jack Munroe/Nomad is still dead, right?

Not everyone 'pulls a Phoenix'.. ;)

Albert
03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
And I'd like to remind everyone that Jack Munroe/Nomad is still dead, right?

Not everyone 'pulls a Phoenix'.. ;)

I think there's an exception for characters people don't care about.

Cth
03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Ouch.

Still, it doesn't explain Foggy :D

James Patrick
03-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Congrats on all the attention; hopefully it spills over into your CO stuff too --rightfully filling the pockets and whatnot.

Jonny Z
03-08-2007, 12:07 PM
did we ever tell you how much we love you here? :) please tell us we're your favorite board, to please our fragile egos.

so if next issue is the autopsy, are we all going to get to see steve rogers opened up on the slab? and beyond that, are they gonna do dna tests to confim it's steve rogers and all that?

Matt O'Keefe
03-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Pulling a Foggy? I think more people may be weary because there never was an intention to kill Superman back in 1993.

What I mean is that Bru was, in my opinion, wise enough to see the value in Nelson's character. Despite all the media coverage, this is much less of an event than Superman's death. This and Daredevil were very character-driven, while "The Life and Death of Superman" was about selling as many comics as possible with little regard for the quality of the books. I think it would be great if he did something similar to the end of "The Devil in Cell Block D." He'd allow the emotion and the reactions of supporting characters, while not losing the character himself.

Vonn Hennigar
03-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I think there's an exception for characters people don't care about.

Ouch.

Still, it doesn't explain Foggy :D

I want to kick both your asses right now :-x

Nomad and Foggy are both great characters. Disagree and may your penis be covered in open sores.

Marcdachamp
03-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Huh?

By the way, Cth, I love your updated sig.

ClintP
03-08-2007, 12:17 PM

that would have been a great idea and serve those speculators right. I mean, who wouldn't want to buy one from the source?

Matt O'Keefe
03-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I want to kick both your asses right now :-x

Nomad and Foggy are both great characters. Disagree and may your penis be covered in open sores.

I agree whole-heartedly on Foggy, but Nomad was never better than Captain America #7. That issue really inspired me as a writer.

Evan Wiener
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
What I mean is that Bru was, in my opinion, wise enough to see the value in Nelson's character. Despite all the media coverage, this is much less of an event than Superman's death. This and Daredevil were very character-driven, while "The Life and Death of Superman" was about selling as many comics as possible with little regard for the quality of the books. I think it would be great if he did something similar to the end of "The Devil in Cell Block D." He'd allow the emotion and the reactions of supporting characters, while not losing the character himself.

I don't think the death of Superman was necessarily a terrible story. It was silly for DC to say the character was truly dying, because he'd been killed before in imaginary stories, and they knew full-well he wasn't going to be dead for long. I think it wound up being 6 months, Death of Superman was in the fall and the following April, Adventures of Superman 500 came out.

I get a feeling this will last longer, but I gotta hand it to Marvel, I don't know what they'll do next, and I'm buying. :)

costello
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Huh?

By the way, Cth, I love your updated sig.

DC wanted the comics to coincide with the television show The Adventures of Lois and Clark. The idea was the characters would get married on the show as well as in the comics around the same time. But with show delays, the writers behind the 4 Superman titles were getting frustrated. In one of the meetings one of the writers said something along the lines of just killing Superman and the idea stuck. They planned out the death, the Funeral for a Friend issues, and the four different Supermen issues (because they wanted the writers to have a break from working with each other), but they all knew full well Superman wasn't really dead.

It's all in Superman: The Complete History by Les Daniels.

Ben
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I wish I could get copies. I didn't even think to have my retailer sell me a stack that I could sign and sell on ebay for 50 bucks a shot. That's just not my style, I guess.Can you get me a copy of this instead?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6603/l3210zf7.jpg

Matt O'Keefe
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Damn, I can't wait to read this tomorrow. My LCS was delayed due to blizzards.

Hey Bru, how are you taking the media coverage? Is it fun being in the spotlight, a pain in the ass, or are you just kind of indifferent to it after 5+ years of dealing with comic fans?

BTW, still waiting for some crime noir movie and literature recommendations:)

The Zevad
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM

I want your head! THIS I COMMAND! Or give me head (thank you for that parody idea Honeydippin Dan!) Either way!:lol:

Flonk
03-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Can you get me a copy of this instead?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6603/l3210zf7.jpg

They poisoned Cap with Campbell's Soup? :nonono2:

ReporterSteven
03-08-2007, 10:28 PM
BTW, still waiting for some crime noir movie and literature recommendations:)

Check out Criminal. He makes those recommendations right in the back of the comic book.

Cows and Effect
03-09-2007, 04:39 AM
The
REIGN OF THE SUPER-SOLDIERS
continues . . .

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/earthpunishercap1.jpg (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/earthpunishercap.htm)

Jim McCann
03-09-2007, 06:03 AM
I see, and I thank you for your honesty.

I've really enjoyed your run, and I am sure you will make magic happen with this story.

But I gotta say, this is a pretty big development for the character of Cap. I would think if this was part of your plan all along, that you would remember for sure that it was your idea.

Cap is a major character, the iconic embodiment of the American spirit in the Marvel Universe. I know you have a lot of respect for him. I would think that killing him would stand out if it was originally part of your larger story.

I'm guessing you remember for certain that bringing back Bucky was your idea, for example.

And that's where I am sad about this. The Winter Soldier was a great story that rose above the raised eyebrows. It didn't have buzz or press conferences, it just won acclaim and awards because you had such a great story to tell. The Winter Soldier story was a rock that you rolled uphill with your creativity, and it was glorious.

This seems like some lemons that corporate thinking brought to you. I am sure you will make tasty lemonade out of 'em, but I'm still sad to see the creative process go this way.

I would have loved to see your Cap run unfettered by crossovers, and events, and such.

I hope you do not take offense at me saying this. Like I said, I am fully expecting to enjoy the ride, nonetheless.

I will be happy to delete this post if you wish.

Not Bru, but I can point you to a place to find the answer to your question-- Read his Newsarama interview. In it, he says that he planned to kill Cap all along, but it was the circumstances of Civil War that made him (and others in the room) say, Hey THIS would be the time to do it, rather than however many issues down the road. This was not editorially mandated in the least; it's all been part of Bru's plan. How thought to move up the time table is what Ed is saying he is unclear about.

Now, Ed, stop reading message boards and get to sleep! ;)

Matt O'Keefe
03-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Not Bru, but I can point you to a place to find the answer to your question-- Read his Newsarama interview. In it, he says that he planned to kill Cap all along, but it was the circumstances of Civil War that made him (and others in the room) say, Hey THIS would be the time to do it, rather than however many issues down the road. This was not editorially mandated in the least; it's all been part of Bru's plan. How thought to move up the time table is what Ed is saying he is unclear about.

Now, Ed, stop reading message boards and get to sleep! ;)

I'm rereading it right now, and I don't remember him saying he was going to kill Rogers. I thought he decided he didn't want to do a "Cap in prison" or "Road trip" story, and he thought his death was the only other option.

Matt O'Keefe
03-09-2007, 06:10 AM
If Civil War had not come along, it may have taken a while longer to get here, and Cap may or may not have been killed, but this is all fitting into my plans and leading to some great things in Cap.

Seems like Civil War kind of forced his hand.

I stil don't believe Cap is dead, though. Bru has a great understanding of the characters and has never done anything that would mean less stories for future writers to tell.

Ben
03-09-2007, 06:19 AM

Now, Ed, stop reading message boards and get to sleep! ;)Why does Ed kill everyone!?!?!

HoldFastNow
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
does anyone know if the civil war issues of cap are going to be collected on their own or is the only way to read them (for those of us that don't have the issues) to buy the trade that has the cap AND iron man issues in it?

Brandon191
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
does anyone know if the civil war issues of cap are going to be collected on their own or is the only way to read them (for those of us that don't have the issues) to buy the trade that has the cap AND iron man issues in it?

Civil War will definitely get collected. It won't contain Cap#25 though.

HoldFastNow
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Civil War will definitely get collected. It won't contain Cap#25 though.

not civil war, the civil war issues of cap (22-24). i know they're going to be bundled in the iron man civil war trade but i was wondering if they'd be released in their own trade to or in the next cap trade with "death of a dream".

Vonn Hennigar
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM
not civil war, the civil war issues of cap (22-24). i know they're going to be bundled in the iron man civil war trade but i was wondering if they'd be released in their own trade to or in the next cap trade with "death of a dream".

Civil War (22-24, Winter Soldier: Winter Kills; w Ed Brubaker; a Mike Perkins, Lee Weeks). [From Marvel Comics: Captain America has fallen into a clash with his government and his friends, and the people close to him are paying the price. The life of Cap's girlfriend, Agent 13, is torn apart as her superiors use her divided loyalties against her. Elsewhere, a new villain emerges; the Red Skull begins to make himself known; and the Winter Soldier again comes face-to-face with Cap. But which side will he choose? Plus: James Buchanan Barnes, Captain America’s one-time partner Bucky, faces his first Christmas of the 21st century – and the truth of the terrible things he was forced to do as the Winter Soldier. And with Cap caught in a conflict he can neither take a side of – or understand – what moves can he make to try to redeem himself?! ] 4/4/07

HoldFastNow
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
thanks!

Ed Brubaker
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, read today's Joe Fridays. Joe remembers a lot more of this than I do. I completely forgot JMS suggesting that Miriam Sharpe shoot Cap. :)

Brad N.
03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, read today's Joe Fridays. Joe remembers a lot more of this than I do. I completely forgot JMS suggesting that Miriam Sharpe shoot Cap. :)

Heh. That's funny. Great issue, man.

bartleby
03-10-2007, 03:19 AM
I completely forgot JMS suggesting that Miriam Sharpe shoot Cap. :)

That makes me think that JMS was the one who suggested having Sentry kill The Watcher for no good reason, which up till now I was sure was Jeph Loeb.

Ed Brubaker
03-10-2007, 03:36 AM
THAT wasn't mentioned at that Summit at all. I don't think, at least.

Shwicaz
03-10-2007, 03:46 AM
THAT wasn't mentioned at that Summit at all. I don't think, at least.

yeah, but we just learned your memory has holes.....

:D

Brad N.
03-10-2007, 05:44 AM
That makes me think that JMS was the one who suggested having Sentry kill The Watcher for no good reason, which up till now I was sure was Jeph Loeb.

:lol:

I still think Loeb suggested it since he has said recently it was his idea to have Hulk punch out Uatu in World War Hulk.

Rick America
03-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Why does Ed kill everyone!?!?!

Maybe it was really Ed behind the (multiple) deaths of Hawkeye? And maybe Scott Lang / Ant-man too? And Bendis was just acting as a shield?

Brad N.
03-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Maybe it was really Ed behind the (multiple) deaths of Hawkeye? And maybe Scott Lang / Ant-man too? And Bendis was just acting as a shield?

I'm working on the theory that Bru was also behind the Kennedy assassination.

Ed Brubaker
03-10-2007, 11:56 AM
yeah, but we just learned your memory has holes.....

:D

True. But I think my problem with remembering the Cap stuff was that what I ended up doing was so much different than the initial suggestions at the summit, and that I worked on my story for so long, that I just forgot there'd ever been any back and forth about it being in CW 7 at all. We talked a lot longer about who would win the fight between Cap and Iron Man, and I remember most of that. Still, I feel like a real douchebag for saying Millar was wrong on that point.

I don't recall hearing almost anything about the Sentry those days.

Criden
03-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Loved the issue! One of your best comics yet, Ed!

Jerome Gibbons
03-10-2007, 12:01 PM
The Sentry killing a Watcher would have been tits, though.

Ed Brubaker
03-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Here's one of my favorite quotes of the week:

"2. Alt-Comix masterplan set in motion during long brunch at Hattie's Hat in June 1993 comes to fruition as Lowlife's Ed Brubaker, after eight years of deep undercover as a mainstream comics writer, murders Captain America."

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/briefings/

Matt O'Keefe
03-10-2007, 07:18 PM

"2. Alt-Comix masterplan set in motion during long brunch at Hattie's Hat in June 1993 comes to fruition as Lowlife's Ed Brubaker, after eight years of deep undercover as a mainstream comics writer, murders Captain America."

That's awsome:lol:

I finally read the issue. What sucked was my LCS was selling it for $15 but I couldn't imagine waiting a week. The issue was superb. I really felt reintroduced to those characters, so I can only imagine what kind of experience it was for people who didn't know who Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Sharon Carter and Sam Wilson were. You're doing two defining runs, with this and Daredevil (my favorite book now that BKV left Runaways) I'm almost positive you're pulling another Foggy here, which allows you to convey emotion and reactions while not losing something integral to the book. No matter what happens, I know I'll be enjoying the ride.

BTW, was Books of Doom a one-time thing, or was there discussion of you writing Fantastic Four. That would have been amazing.

Boris the Blade
03-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Criminal was a better read!

Jacob Lyon Goddard
03-11-2007, 09:10 PM

it all makes so much sense....

Cth
03-12-2007, 06:46 AM
:lol:

I still think Loeb suggested it since he has said recently it was his idea to have Hulk punch out Uatu in World War Hulk.

Actually, that's a scene for the proposed Loeb/McGuiness Hulk series, not WWH.

Brad N.
03-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Actually, that's a scene for the proposed Loeb/McGuiness Hulk series, not WWH.

Ahhh, that's right. Still, my guess is Loeb hates Uatu. :)

Marcdachamp
03-12-2007, 11:06 AM
It's funny, I've been slowly weaning an old friend on comics with V for Vendetta and Pride of Baghdad. I was planning on lending him the Civil War hardcover when it (inevitably) comes out, but now I feel like I'd have to get him into Cap, too. It's such a huge part of the story.

I really feel like someone died here. Part of me hopes that it's not true, while another part feels like every thing's going to change as a result of this.

ds9
03-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Ive loved this run since the first arc but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with all the CW books on the aftermath and then killing cap off just turns me off from the new MU that i was looking foreward too.

rogerio
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Loved the issue! One of your best comics yet, Ed!

I'm still waiting for my copy...:sad:
I recently went back and reread some Brubaker stuff (Gothan Central, Sleeper, Scenes of the Crime, Catwoman, Cap, DD, Criminal, Iron Fist...)...the man is the best comic writer working today, plain and simple!

just my opinion...