PDA

View Full Version : where all those fucking previews really needed in Civil War The Initiative?

THWIP!
03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I mean I understand why Marvel did it, to promte all the new books coming out of Civil War. But if read previews, go online, go to the comic book store you already new. I really would have loved to not pay 5 bucks for the fucking comic. It was good but not worth 5 bucks. Shit like that pisses me off on top of the already shitty way I had to hear about Cap. Also I walk to the store in freezing cold weather to have Captain America #25 be sold out. MotherFucker. At least Mighty Avengers was amazing and there was a new issue of Criminal out.

chazbot
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
yeh, if they had shaved a buck off and got rid of all the previews... i would have been more satisfied with buying it.
though the coloring is pretty damn amazing, imo, and i enjoyed Silvestri's art more than i thought i would.

NickT
03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Today is a day that a lot of people may be going into the store. They don't read previews, they don't look at the internet. To not put a lot of previews in the book would be dumb.

Jason Truong
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Fuck no... well, for regular comic readers, no. But for new readers, I guess so. Marketing strategy, I guess, with Cap #25 coming out, and with all the news and hype that got people to the stores.

artimoff
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I found it mostly useless. But at least it wasn't as insulting as "the Return".

Ryan Elliott
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the beginning stuff was great, but the previews I didn't like at all.

Oh well.

Kirblar
03-07-2007, 05:15 PM
The previews have me trying out "The Initiative", so something worked.