PDA

View Full Version : I gotta hand it to Marvel.

Jim.
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I have not seen that many people in a comic book store in about a decade. Maybe more. My LCS' parking lot was full and there was a line out the door. Too bad Cap #25 sold out at noon.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I've long come to the conclusion that the people who complain about the way Marvel does business are those that would rather see the industry die.

Matt O'Keefe
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Dark Tower had to do way more, not to mention it broke a few stereotypes.

TheKraken
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
But will they be back next month? Or are they just there for that false dream of putting their kids thru college with the money it'll magically turn into, like they were in 1993?

Adrian B AWESOME
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
But will they be back next month? Or are they just there for that false dream of putting their kids thru college with the money it'll magically turn into, like they were in 1993?

Dude, I have 20 Spawn #1s I want to sell you.

What are they worth? Like $500?

Jim.
03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Who fucking cares? There are people in my comic book store. That doesn't happen very often.

TheKraken
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Dude, I have 20 Spawn #1s I want to sell you.

What are they worth? Like $500?

I'll tell you what, I'll trade you 50 completely unopened Superman #75s in the black bag plus, like, 15 copies of that Batman where he gets paralyzed, whichever it was...

Adrian B AWESOME
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I'll tell you what, I'll trade you 50 completely unopened Superman #75s in the black bag plus, like, 15 copies of that Batman where he gets paralyzed, whichever it was...

No way. I still have to sell my Deadpool mini #1 and Gambit #1...oh, and my 15 variant versions of Lady Death #1 that came out...wait, last week. WTF?

TheKraken
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
No way. I still have to sell my Deadpool mini #1 and Gambit #1...oh, and my 15 variant versions of Lady Death #1 that came out...wait, last week. WTF?

:lol: Nicely done...

King of Mars
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I've long come to the conclusion that the people who complain about the way Marvel does business are those that would rather see the industry die.No, we just want good stories and honest solicitations.

Adrian B AWESOME
03-07-2007, 04:09 PM
No, we just want good stories and honest solicitations.

*sigh*

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
03-07-2007, 04:10 PM

The solicitation thing I can get behind. The good stories thing is simply a question of personal taste.

The Human Target
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I'd rather they like...... advertised.

And actively tried to get comics into peoples hands.

And published things for a wider audience.

Cause you can only take off Spider-Man mask, or kill Cap, or turn Wolverine into a black vampire so many times before people won't give a fuck.

DaveCummings
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM

They couldn't do anything to spoil the story. It's hard to keep from being spoiled with internet messageboards and rumor column.

It sucks that it ran out fast, but at the same time there wasn't more they could do to keep the events of the story a secret.

~Dave

TheKraken
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I'd rather they like...... advertised.

And actively tried to get comics into peoples hands.

And published things for a wider audience.

Cause you can only take off Spider-Man mask, or kill Cap, or turn Wolverine into a black vampire so many times before people won't give a fuck.

No one buys a death issue as a jumping on point. That would be kind of defeating the purpose.

The Human Target
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
No one buys a death issue as a jumping on point. That would be kind of defeating the purpose.

Also true.

And when I was in my LCS on Saturday to game, a guy came in and asked if his Spawn foil cover issues were worth anything.

And I laughed.

Heartily.

JoeE
03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
It's been about 2 and a half years since I started going back to my LCS at a regular basis and not once have I been caught in a traffic jam in the parking lot.

Seriously. An employee had to come out and direct people in and out of the lot.

Taxman
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Also true.

And when I was in my LCS on Saturday to game, a guy came in and asked if his Spawn foil cover issues were worth anything.

And I laughed.

Heartily.:lol:

The Human Target
03-07-2007, 05:20 PM
:lol:

Turns out he has worked at a hologram design place (or some such) in the area at the time, and they worked on some comic covers and ended up getting free issues.

He was so sad when my friend told him "They're almost assuredly worth less than it cost to make them."