PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stark: The Man Most Likely To Have A Bad Year

TSChamp
02-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Hulk is coming back. Thor is returning. One was shot off to space. The other was cloned that killed a hero. Tony may want to find a dark hole to hide in when the shit'th hit'th the fan'th....

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
02-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I can't wait to see people's reaction when they find out the Stark was at least partially responsible for bringing the rage of The Hulk down on them. It's going to make the explosion that killed all those school kids look like a happy little firework display.

Vonn Hennigar
02-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Tony can hang with those 2 at least long enough to call in back-up.

50 or so Initiative members and a few hundred S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents should do the trick.

TSChamp
02-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I figure he would be more worried about the big Green Guy with friends from another planet than public opinion. Hulk has never been the one to listen to reason. To Smash or not to Smash! That is the question..

Feel very Shakespearean today for some reason...

TSChamp
02-24-2007, 09:58 AM

50 or so Initiative members and a few hundred S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents should do the trick.

One gets stronger the madder he gets and can take on most heroes on his own. The second is a Norse god that can command a army of gods to attack SHIELD and Initiative member. Yep, I think Tony's group have some major problems coming his way...

Knightspider
02-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Thor vs. Ares

:D

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 11:32 AM
The Sentry can easily protect him.

Oh wait, Bob will most likely be pissed at what they did with the Hulk...yeah, Tony's in some trouble alright.

Foolish Mortal
02-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Hulk is coming back. Thor is returning. One was shot off to space. The other was cloned that killed a hero. Tony may want to find a dark hole to hide in when the shit'th hit'th the fan'th....
Don't forget about Namor. They're not on good terms now.

Ryan Elliott
02-24-2007, 11:34 AM

Are you shitting me? 50 Initiative members and a few hundred SHIELD agents against THE HULK with his new alien buddies and THOR?!

You MUST be high.

RedX123
02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Pfff, Nova's gonna hand his his ass long before Thor or Hulk do.

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I really want to know what the deal is with Bob and the Hulk. On the one hand, I have a hard time believing that he doesn't know about what the Illuminati did yet, seeing as it's been months since they shot him into space, and there's no way he hasn't gone looking for the Hulk across the planet in that time. On the other, if he knows already, I have a hard time believing that he didn't get pissed at Tony or the other guys for it.

Ryan Elliott
02-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I really want to know what the deal is with Bob and the Hulk. On the one hand, I have a hard time believing that he doesn't know about what the Illuminati did yet, seeing as it's been months since they shot him into space, and there's no way he hasn't gone looking for the Hulk across the planet in that time. On the other, if he knows already, I have a hard time believing that he didn't get pissed at Tony or the other guys for it.

Maybe he thinks it's for the best. It wasn't hard for Tony to talk Sentry into joining the registration side. I can't imagine, with all the destruction Hulk has cuased, that it would be hard to convince Sentry that Tony did the right thing.

Pat Shatner
02-24-2007, 11:43 AM
At this point does anyone in the Marvel U know that Hulk isn't as stranded in space as they thought he was? What about that really smart kid that had a brain-off with Reed Richards?

Ryan Elliott
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
At this point does anyone in the Marvel U know that Hulk isn't as stranded in space as they thought he was? What about that really smart kid that had a brain-off with Reed Richards?

He more or less knew that Hulk was coming back. So does Reed. Reed doesn't want to believe it, but he knows.

tom daylight
02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
I think it's a terrible oversight that we saw NOTHING of Doctor Doom during Civil War. He could have offered his support to Captain America, whether Cap wanted it or not. A comparison like THAT would have shut up naysayers who went on about Stark being worse than Hitler, etc.

A.Huerta
02-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Tony is the next Bush.

HomerGator
02-24-2007, 11:54 AM
One gets stronger the madder he gets and can take on most heroes on his own. The second is a Norse god that can command a army of gods to attack SHIELD and Initiative member. Yep, I think Tony's group have some major problems coming his way...

I was about to say... I know we don't know what's going to be happening with the Asgardians, but I'd be really really worried about Thor showing up with The Warriors Three, Balder, Sif, Beta Ray Bill (yeah he's on Omega Flight, but come on, Thor's his boy!), any other Asgardians that feel like kicking some ass, and possibly even people like Valkyrie and Hercules. There's no way anyone from Earth can hang with THAT.

Brad N.
02-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Thor vs. Ares

:D

Not even a close one. Ares would get smoked.

Brad N.
02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Let's not forget Fury for some odd reason is still in hiding. There has to be a reason for that, right? I'm sure he's not thrilled with the outcome of Civil War.

A.Huerta
02-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Not even a close one. Ares would get smoked.

Ares is definitely the better fighter but Thor is stronger. I'd go with ARES cuz he's a psycho killer.

Howlett
02-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I think it's a terrible oversight that we saw NOTHING of Doctor Doom during Civil War. He could have offered his support to Captain America, whether Cap wanted it or not. A comparison like THAT would have shut up naysayers who went on about Stark being worse than Hitler, etc.

Doom was shown in the Black Panther issues of Civil War I believe. It's hard to remember because it seemed like one issue WAS CW then the next wasn't for a few issues. But I know Doom did make mention of the War to BP.

Foolish Mortal
02-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't believe that anyone outside of the Illuminati even knows of the group's existence yet.

And for the Hulk disappearance, he's been known to vanish for weeks without appearing anywhere. I don't think it has raised any suspicions other than She-Hulk's recently.

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Doom was shown in the Black Panther issues of Civil War I believe. It's hard to remember because it seemed like one issue WAS CW then the next wasn't for a few issues. But I know Doom did make mention of the War to BP.
He also appeared in Captain America, although that was at best tangentially connected to Civil War.

I don't believe that anyone outside of the Illuminati even knows of the group's existence yet.

And for the Hulk disappearance, he's been known to vanish for weeks without appearing anywhere. I don't think it has raised any suspicions other than She-Hulk's recently.

I suppose. It's just, considering Bob and Hulk are pals, I think it's weird that the former hasn't decided to go looking for his buddy at some point, just to hang out or something, and never found it strange that he hasn't found him in the months since the Illuminati shot him into space.

Hate_Prime
02-24-2007, 12:26 PM
And Tony could start boning that Miriam Sharpe (if he isn't already). She could turn out to be his Heather Mills... or Mephisto.

Brad N.
02-24-2007, 12:31 PM
He also appeared in Captain America, although that was at best tangentially connected to Civil War.

I suppose. It's just, considering Bob and Hulk are pals, I think it's weird that the former hasn't decided to go looking for his buddy at some point, just to hang out or something, and never found it strange that he hasn't found him in the months since the Illuminati shot him into space.

Doesn't Bob know what they did to Hulk? Why did I think there was a comic where they explained Bob talked Hulk into it and felt guilty because he knew what they were doing?

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 12:31 PM
And Tony could start boning that Miriam Sharpe (if he isn't already). She could turn out to be his Heather Mills... or Mephisto.

I was expecting to see him in bed with Marķa Hill, myself.

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Doesn't Bob know what they did to Hulk? Why did I think there was a comic where they explained Bob talked Hulk into it and felt guilty because he knew what they were doing?

I dunno, far as I know, he isn't aware of what they did. I assume that, if he was, he'd probably oppose it. After all, his aura calms the Hulk down. He could have told the Illuminati to just leave the Hulk to him.

Foolish Mortal
02-24-2007, 12:55 PM
It was Nick Fury* that convinced the Hulk (Banner) to do the space mission.

Then afterwards Reed and Tony took control of the spaceship and sent him into the vortex.

*Some have suspected that may not have been the real Fury since that appearence was around the same time as the shit in Secret War hit the fan and Fury went underground.

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
It was Nick Fury* that convinced the Hulk (Banner) to do the space mission.

Then afterwards Reed and Tony took control of the spaceship and sent him into the vortex.

*Some have suspected that may not have been the real Fury since that appearence was around the same time as the shit in Secret War hit the fan and Fury went underground.
Yeah, in the Illuminati one-shot, Iron Man (I think) says that they'll be using an LMD of Fury to convince the Hulk to go into space, because Hulk is likelier to trust Fury than a new face (Marķa Hill) as head of SHIELD.

Lyfeforce
02-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I was expecting to see him in bed with María Hill, myself.

Give it time, good sir. Give it time.

and as far as Tony being screwed royally? It's true he's got the new Extremis thingamawhatzit that could control any electronic machine imaginable, but only if he can think about it.

Try doing that when you're getting a big ol' Hulk Hug.

and on top of that... No Xavier to play with his head, no black bolt to sing a lullaby, no Namor to add the armies of 3/4ths of the world to tony's arsenal (maybe even join the Hulk Armada?), Wakanda and strange are on the other side of the argument (though strange is more likely to play ball). Only person that has Tony's back is Reed, and he's got his own problems.

throw on top of that he's got to lead Shield, the Initiative, Mighty Avengers, Stark Enterprises, nursemaid the Sentry when he gets spooked, keep an eye on the Thunderbolts and still stay away from the bottle when most politicians/diplomats can't do that without a big green engine of destruction barreling down at them.

Yeah. I don't see alot of smiles coming from Tony this year. But at least he'll probably bang Maria Hill.

Ray G.
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't think Thor is going to be much of a problem. Thor is a good guy. If he comes back in the middle of WWH, he'll smack the alien army down, reason with Hulk(and failing that, Mjolnir his ass into unconsciousness), and then walk up to Tony, and punch him in the face for cloning him. And that will be the end of that chapter.

Incidentally, I think that WWH is going to be where Stark's master plan falls apart magnificently. It'll be Stamford for the other side.