PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Wait For The New Thor Series...

Nick_Ardill
02-23-2007, 07:38 PM
While i'm so/so about Strazynski I am going apeshit over Coipiel's art...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/FaranKreeg/Thor_INT.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/FaranKreeg/Thor_1.jpg

Magnum V.I.
02-23-2007, 07:38 PM
I like Thor's new Look.

Brandon191
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
That's pretty much how I feel. I'm a bigger fan of Ultimate Thor then the 616 version.

Nick_Ardill
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I like Thor's new Look.
I do too. Not so Super-hero-y. Now if they could get him to look like this I'd be happy...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/FaranKreeg/THOR.jpg
:D

SeanC
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I like Thor's new Look.

I'm diggin' it except for the mail on the pants. Everything else is golden, sir.

Magnum V.I.
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I do too. Not so Super-hero-y. Now if they could get him to look like this I'd be happy...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/FaranKreeg/THOR.jpg
:D

Huerta would be proud :D!

I love that picture.

I'm diggin' it except for the mail on the pants. Everything else is golden, sir.

I love the Mail, gives him a more Warrior like look to me.

The Human Target
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
I like it okay.

Still didn't make him tough looking enough.

And that chainmail looks more like solar pool covering.

Wastrel
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
he is wearing a disco ball.

Ryan Elliott
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Man, seeing that last panel makes me really miss Thor.

Howlett
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Man, that new look is sweet!!! I was a bit skeptical of Copiel doing Thor (I love Copiel, but I wasn't sure if this'd suit him) but after THIS, I'm sold :rock:

half guard
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
While i'm so/so about Strazynski I am going apeshit over Coipiel's art...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/FaranKreeg/Thor_INT.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/FaranKreeg/Thor_1.jpg

wow. looks like i'm going to start reading thor again. :D

The Human Target
02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Also, I think Thor may now be Super Saiyan.

Look at all those bits of floating rock.

The Zevad
02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Also, I think Thor may now be Super Saiyan.

Look at all those bits of floating rock.

So.....so does that mean his hair will turn black since he's already blonde? :mistrust::confused:

The Human Target
02-23-2007, 08:17 PM
So.....so does that mean his hair will turn black since he's already blonde? :mistrust::confused:

You just over thought it.

Besides, when they go high enough in power thjeir haid turns back to brown/black anyway.

:scared:

I've revealed too much.

Afny
02-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Thor still has no eyes! Wooo! And like I said in the preview thread, his costume is the perfect mix of his old look and his ragnarok costume, in my opinion.

Jerome Gibbons
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
I like the new look (or at least, how Coipel draws it). I think it'd be better if they got something to cover his hands, though. Gauntlets of some sort.

Jerome Gibbons
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Also, Thor and that chick look like they're sucking on each other's tongues.

Ryan Elliott
02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I like the new look (or at least, how Coipel draws it). I think it'd be better if they got something to cover his hands, though. Gauntlets of some sort.

It's got too much gray in it. His boots need to be brown leather, and he needs to have brown leather gauntlets.

c.rob
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
i wish it had more red to it.

Juggernaut
02-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Thor still has no eyes! Wooo! And like I said in the preview thread, his costume is the perfect mix of his old look and his ragnarok costume, in my opinion.

Where do you see that he has no eyes?? I see thor in his new outfit with eyes.

Blandy vs Terrorism
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I like Thor's new Look.

Me too. Much better than when Deodato redesigned his costume.

Afny
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Where do you see that he has no eyes?? I see thor in his new outfit with eyes.

I'm pretty sure his eyes are closed in all those pictures. Sadly, this means he probably doesn't have the odinforce anymore, but it doesn't look like he has eyes either.

Blandy vs Terrorism
02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Man, that new look is sweet!!! I was a bit skeptical of Copiel doing Thor (I love Copiel, but I wasn't sure if this'd suit him) but after THIS, I'm sold :rock:

Coipel can do anything! I once saw him draw Brother Power the Geek taking on a wooly mammoth!*

*This is not true.

Dave S.
02-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Okay, I went to the JMS talk, and he gave out some information on Thor. He's a really funny guy, it was a great Q&A.

Thor is going to rebuild Asgard. In Oklahoma. That's right, he's going to build it outside of a small Oklahoma town. Asgardians are going to interact with the townspeople.

Afny
02-23-2007, 08:56 PM
As long as its not floating OVER Oklahoma. I wonder if its a joke, though? Also, I'm sad they destroyed the huge, multi area Asgard before they really got into it.

Dave S.
02-23-2007, 08:58 PM
As long as its not floating OVER Oklahoma. I wonder if its a joke, though? Also, I'm sad they destroyed the huge, multi area Asgard before they really got into it.

It might be, but he seemed to be telling the truth. Maybe I'm just gullible.

As for the floating bit, he described a scene where the guy who owns the land comes up to the gates of Asgard, knocks and says to Thor, "Umm, this is my land. You can't put this on my land..." So Thor raises it all up 10 feet into the air, so it's not 'on' the land.

Afny
02-23-2007, 09:01 PM

As for the floating bit, he described a scene where the guy who owns the land comes up to the gates of Asgard, knocks and says to Thor, "Umm, this is my land. You can't put this on my land..." So Thor raises it all up 10 feet into the air, so it's not 'on' the land.

Heh...cool.

Jerome Gibbons
02-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I look forward to seeing how Thor speaks. The concept of Thor has always appealed to me, but the Shakespearian speech has got to be one of the things that makes it difficult to get into the character. I understand JMS will be doing away with it in the relaunch, so that's cool.

Juggernaut
02-23-2007, 09:07 PM
I still don't see the allure of putting asgard near a town in oklahoma.....

Foolish Mortal
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
I still don't see the allure of putting asgard near a town in oklahoma.....
Creates lots of opportunities for interaction between Aesir* and "mortals". Good fodder for some humorous moments.

*Which reminds me, I hope in the relaunch, JMS uses the proper name of the Norse gods. They are the Aesir, not 'Asgardians'.

Jerome Gibbons
02-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Creates lots of opportunities for interaction between Aesir* and "mortals". Good fodder for some humorous moments.

Maybe hillbilly Oklahomans and hillbilly Asgardians* can exchange notes on which farm animals are better in the sack!

*Aesir

Briomega
02-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Looks great and can't wait. Did they mention a release date today?

Foolish Mortal
02-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Looks great and can't wait. Did they mention a release date today?
July 2007.

Briomega
02-23-2007, 09:35 PM
July 2007.

Ooh, nice. Not that much longer, then. :)

greg donovan
02-24-2007, 06:02 AM
needs more beard.

other than that it looks good to me.

A.Huerta
02-24-2007, 09:00 AM
needs more beard.

other than that it looks good to me.

:thumb:

Juggernaut
02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Maybe hillbilly Oklahomans and hillbilly Asgardians* can exchange notes on which farm animals are better in the sack!

*Aesir

Great,so we get to see the noble god of thunder and other celestial entities converse with people whose only knowledge extends towards farming. Not alot of conversation to go off from their.

Mike_Johnson
02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm all about bearded Thor. God's don't shave.

Foolish Mortal
02-24-2007, 10:12 AM

*Aesir
There are no "hillbillies" in Oklahoma. You're thinking of Kentucky or Tennessee. Now if you're talking about Rednecks, yeah, there are those in Oklahoma. :p

Great,so we get to see the noble god of thunder and other celestial entities converse with people whose only knowledge extends towards farming. Not alot of conversation to go off from their.
There's more than farmers in Oklahoma. The interaction I had in mine is more like "Thor meets Andy Griffith" or "Asgard meets Mayberry". Lots a potentially funny and insightful moments there.

TSChamp
02-24-2007, 10:25 AM

I shall smite thee cow. I will have thy ribs for my dinner!

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
02-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I honestly think this is the best look Thor has ever had. Man I can't friggin wait for this series.

Billie
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Not liking the redesign at all.The grey chainmail isn't doing it for me.

edwardmblake
02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Don't like the new costume.

His language is part of his character. In Civil War when "Thor" says "You ARE all going down." didn't everyone sit up and say "WTF, that's not how Thor talks."

Anyways, it's good to have the series back.

Foolish Mortal
02-24-2007, 09:48 PM

His language is part of his character. In Civil War when "Thor" says "You ARE all going down." didn't everyone sit up and say "WTF, that's not how Thor talks."

That's not how he's going to speak in the new series.

Brandon191
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM

That was a clone, not the real deal.

The Human Target
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Thor speaking in fake Old English makes me want suffocate a panda.

Brandon191
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Thor speaking in fake Old English makes me want suffocate a panda.

That's how I feel. I much prefer the Ultimate version.

The Human Target
02-24-2007, 09:56 PM
That's how I feel. I much prefer the Ultimate version.

I like both really.

But the 616 version is just such a dandy most of the time.

He needs to man up, and modernize.

Foolish Mortal
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
JMS isn't doing the "faux-Shakespeare" dialogue. He's having Thor and the other gods use "Tolkien speak". They'll be very verbose and articulate, but very little of that "thee" and "thine" stuff.

The Human Target
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
JMS isn't doing the "faux-Shakespeare" dialogue. He's having Thor and the other gods use "Tolkien speak". They'll be very verbose and articulate, but very little of that "thee" and "thine" stuff.

Thats not better. :sad:

Not by a long shot.

There'll probably be poems too.

And hobbits.

Dirty, filthy, tricksy hobbits.

Brandon191
02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Thats not better. :sad:

Not by a long shot.

They'll probably be poems too.

And hobbits.

Dirty, filthy, tricksy hobbits.

Thor and Hercules will probably stare into each others eyes longingly, to afraid to act on their feelings.

edwardmblake
02-24-2007, 10:11 PM
That was a clone, not the real deal.

No s, sherlock.

The Human Target
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
No s, sherlock.

Why would they teach a clone fake old English?

Brandon191
02-24-2007, 10:19 PM
No s, sherlock.

Well, aren't you friendly! :roll:

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM

Yeah, that's better. The Shakespearian dialogue could really get on one's nerves sometimes.

Why would they teach a clone fake old English?

Marvel's clones are usually pretty much the same person they were cloned from in all aspects, including personality and memories (see: Ben Reilly). I assume the Thor clone had the same memories and personality of the original Thor right up until the first meeting of the Avengers, so yeah.

J. R. Scherer
02-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Ragnarok costume? :mistrust:

The Human Target
02-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, that's better. The Shakespearian dialogue could really get on one's nerves sometimes.

Marvel's clones are usually pretty much the same person they were cloned from in all aspects, including personality and memories (see: Ben Reilly). I assume the Thor clone had the same memories and personality of the original Thor right up until the first meeting of the Avengers, so yeah.

I think he was just Thor in the flesh.

J. R. Scherer
02-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Except that Clor appeared to be more robot than clone...

Also, if they created a Thor clone with the original's memories it would have sided with Captain America, no matter what.

Maestro
02-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Is that Jane in the preview?

J. R. Scherer
02-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Is that Jane in the preview?

Looks like both Sif and Jane Foster to me.

Jerome Gibbons
02-24-2007, 11:51 PM
I think he was just Thor in the flesh.
Well, he talked like Thor, so...he probably wasn't.

Except that Clor appeared to be more robot than clone...
He was a cyborg, yeah, but there were definitely some organic components to him. His body (and by extension, his powers) were definitely cloned from Thor, seeing as he had Thor's powers and physical features. It stands to reason that, if Spider-Man's clones can have his same personality and memories, a clone of Thor would also have Thor's personality and memories (or at least some aspects of them).

Also, if they created a Thor clone with the original's memories it would have sided with Captain America, no matter what.

Well, not necessarily. Hank Pym says the clone was created from a hair strand that was collected from the first meeting of the Avengers. Captain America hadn't been thawed out by then, so they didn't know each other yet. And that's not taking into account that there were also robotic component's to the clone's brain, so they could probably program him to do whatever they wanted.

J. R. Scherer
02-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Well, he talked like Thor, so...he probably wasn't.

He was a cyborg, yeah, but there were definitely some organic components to him. His body (and by extension, his powers) were definitely cloned from Thor, seeing as he had Thor's powers and physical features. It stands to reason that, if Spider-Man's clones can have his same personality and memories, a clone of Thor would also have Thor's personality and memories (or at least some aspects of them).

Well, not necessarily. Hank Pym says the clone was created from a hair strand that was collected from the first meeting of the Avengers. Captain America hadn't been thawed out by then, so they didn't know each other yet. And that's not taking into account that there were also robotic component's to the clone's brain, so they could probably program him to do whatever they wanted.

He had wires and stuff in his head so I'd say that he was a blank slate and simply thought whatever Reed & Co. programmed him to think.

I do think it would have been much more interesting if Clor HAD been a proper Marvel-style clone with all of Thor's memories up to the moment of sample acquisition.

Jerome Gibbons
02-25-2007, 10:18 AM
He had wires and stuff in his head so I'd say that he was a blank slate and simply thought whatever Reed & Co. programmed him to think.

I do think it would have been much more interesting if Clor HAD been a proper Marvel-style clone with all of Thor's memories up to the moment of sample acquisition.

What I figure, is that it was programmable due to its robotic brain and all that, but at the same time it also had a very limited version of Thor's personality - hence, the Thor speech patterns.

But yeah, thinking about it, it would have been more interesting if he'd been a proper clone, a Thor with a "clean slate" from everything that's happened since the inception of the Marvel U.

Beta_Ray_Bryan
02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Im iffy on the costume redesign. But I'm not that upset about it that I won't read the book. I'm a huge Thor fan and grew up on the Simonson run so there is a lot of old school love for me.

The thing that bugs me the most about the new costume is the nose piece on the helmet. I like it straight across the front, thank you.

And no beard for me. When I see a bearded Thor I think of the red headed bearded Thor that showed up in the old Thor run.

Cuckoo
02-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Can't wait for this.

J. R. Scherer
02-25-2007, 09:46 PM
And no beard for me. When I see a bearded Thor I think of the red headed bearded Thor that showed up in the old Thor run.

I prefer a bearded Thor, myself. Makes him look more dignified, more regal, and more experienced, in general.

http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/87387731330.373.GIF