PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER reason the academy awards will suck ass..NO BORAT!

Dr. Blasphemy
02-23-2007, 04:57 AM
From tmz.com
Sacha Baron Cohen has declined an invitation to present at Sunday's Academy Awards because, as the Los Angeles Times reports, show producers wouldn't allow him to appear as Borat Sagdiyev, the character that got him his Best Adapted Screenplay nomination -- and thus squelching any hope of unpredictability for the telecast. Baron Cohen, of course, gave one of the most side-splitting acceptance speeches in recent memory at the Golden Globes (rancid air pockets, anyone?) – and could still get his turn on stage if he wins – but Borat will just have to sit this one out.

Jim T.
02-23-2007, 04:59 AM
Lame. Why make yourself look so stodgy?

Sam Little
02-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Why on earth wouldn't they let him appear as Borat?
Way lame, Academy.
Way. Lame.

Hate_Prime
02-23-2007, 05:10 AM
He should agree and appear as Ali-G. Fuck everybody's shit up.

DaveCummings
02-23-2007, 06:02 AM
I think I'm in the minority here because I couldn't stand Borat.

Nick_Ardill
02-23-2007, 06:19 AM
To me nothing will ever top Jon Stewart hosting last year. To me the Oscars are dead. DEAD!

GelfXIII
02-23-2007, 06:23 AM
I think I'm in the minority here because I couldn't stand Borat.

Me too. :surrend:

Akira
02-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Why on earth wouldn't they let him appear as Borat?
Way lame, Academy.
Way. Lame.

Yeah, way to not court a backbreaking fine from the FCC and also risk offending people. Way lame :roll:

The Oscars play to the whole world, and the character is hot button and offensive to many people. They are making the smart financial and PR decision. If this were the MTV awards, I could see the disappointment, but really, this is the Oscars.