PDA

View Full Version : New Sirius Channel! 90's Alt Rock and Grunge!

Evan Wiener
02-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Maybe the best radio station ever. I can save battery power on my iPod at work. :)

The best Grunge and '90s Alternative Rock. (http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Channel&cid=1168958237997)
We play Pearl Jam, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Alice In Chains, The Offspring, Stone Temple Pilots, Weezer, Nirvana and many more.

I guess I'm starting to become an old-timer because they're segregating today's emo whiners from yesterday's grunge/alt rock.

WillieLee
02-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Your link goes to the bendis board. Or is this some kind of 'joke'?

KingMob
02-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Its called 47 Ethel over at XM.

Evan Wiener
02-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Your link goes to the bendis board. Or is this some kind of 'joke'?

Nope, it's been fixed.

adamgreenberger
02-20-2007, 06:23 AM
I am listning to it right now...it is a great channel.

LenNWallace
02-20-2007, 06:33 AM
I'll have to give it a listen when I get home.

ERNIE_E
02-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Isn't this Alt Nation? This channel has been around for a long time.

Deej
02-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Isn't this Alt Nation? This channel has been around for a long time.

No. An entirely different station. I'm listening to it right now. Good stuff!

Masculine Todd
02-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Maybe the best radio station ever.

:no: It appears you've yet to listen to Channel 21, also known as Alternative Nation :wink:

Captain Sensation
02-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Maybe the best radio station ever. I can save battery power on my iPod at work. :)

The best Grunge and '90s Alternative Rock. (http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Channel&cid=1168958237997)
We play Pearl Jam, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Alice In Chains, The Offspring, Stone Temple Pilots, Weezer, Nirvana and many more.

I guess I'm starting to become an old-timer because they're segregating today's emo whiners from yesterday's grunge/alt rock.

This is making me want to sign up!!

c. page
02-20-2007, 07:45 AM

yeah, the lack of this type of thing (whereas xm had ethel) was one of the factors in my not wanting to go with sirius.

i may have changed my mind now.

(depending on how the merger shakes out, of course)

ERNIE_E
02-20-2007, 07:50 AM
People, what's the channel number?

Masculine Todd
02-20-2007, 07:52 AM

Offspring really makes you want to sign up? Run while you can.

Deej
02-20-2007, 07:54 AM
People, what's the channel number?

c. page
02-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Offspring really makes you want to sign up? Run while you can.

their first four albums were decent pop-punk. everything after ixnay on the hombre was pretty bad though.

Evan Wiener
02-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Alt Nation is still 21 and will have current alt rock. The new channel is Lithium 24!

Masculine Todd
02-20-2007, 08:01 AM
their first four albums were decent pop-punk. everything after ixnay on the hombre was pretty bad though.

Maybe it's because I'm of a younger generation, but the only Offspring I knew was the "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" and "Why Don't You Get a Job" crap...which sucked hard.

c. page
02-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Maybe it's because I'm of a younger generation, but the only Offspring I knew was the "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" and "Why Don't You Get a Job" crap...which sucked hard.

must be.

although i am kinda surprised that you've never heard "come out and play", "self esteem" or "gone away"....

Evan Wiener
02-20-2007, 08:32 AM

I'm not a monster Offspring fan, but... >sigh< ... Todd, you made me feel old. I'm 28. :)

TacoKid
02-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm digging Lithium 24.

(Although the name Lithium seems forced)

Evan Wiener
02-20-2007, 08:57 AM
The name should be Heroin. It would be appropriate for 90s rockers. :)

WillieLee
02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
This channel blows. When did U2,Lit and the Offspring become alternative? Not one Superchunk,Dinosaur Jr. or Pavement song to be found.And those are just some of the 'mainstream alternative' bands from the era. When they start playing Leaving Trains I'll be impressed.

Kirblar
02-28-2007, 03:51 PM

This sounds like Hell.

Seriously. '90s stuff is completely overplayed on traditional rock stations. It's not enjoyable to listen to for the 1000th time. Nirvana especially.

Albert
02-28-2007, 03:51 PM
This channel blows. When did U2,Lit and the Offspring become alternative? Not one Superchunk,Dinosaur Jr. or Pavement song to be found.And those are just some of the 'mainstream alternative' bands from the era. When they start playing Leaving Trains I'll be impressed.

Although they're certainly as big as you can get now, U2 was considered one of the founders of the "alternative" genre/sound. But I do get your point. I think the station is pretty disappointing; they're pretty much only playing songs that normal alternative station have never stopped playing.

WillieLee
02-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Although they're certainly as big as you can get now, U2 was considered one of the founders of the "alternative" genre/sound. But I do get your point. I think the station is pretty disappointing; they're pretty much only playing songs that normal alternative station have never stopped playing.

I've been listening all week and have heard way too much Candlebox and Offspring. There are just so many bands they could be playing on the channel.And what's a 'grunge' channel without the Melvins?

Jonny Z
02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
i was pleasantly surprised to find this while driving around tonight. they had STP's creep on. definately a channel ill keep on my favorites!

Garth
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
:no: It appears you've yet to listen to Channel 21, also known as Alternative Nation :wink:

No, no, you both have it wrong. Underground Garge rules!

WillieLee
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Do they get the concept? This morning they played 'Morning Song' by Jane's Addiction. Great song, but guys, it was released in the late 80s. Then they went into that alternative classic 'The Freshman' by The Verve Pipe.