PDA

View Full Version : Does your body do this to you also?

HoneyDippinDan
02-15-2007, 12:58 PM
When I woke up a couple hours ago, the first thought in my head was "looks like I'm calling in sick today". I felt totally feverish, my ears hurt, my throat is all scratchy, my sinuses have obviously been draining all night, my voice had totally gone all to shit, I was achy all over and just generally miserable. Now that I've been up for a couple hours and I've already decided I shouldn't go to work, my voice is just fine, some of the achyness has gone away, my temperature is fine and I generally feel somewhat better. I have a feeling that when I get to the doctor's office, the moment I step into the doctor's office, I'll feel absolutely fine, because that's usually what happens when I go to the doctor's office. Seriously, I think my body is trying to make me feel bad for calling in sick. Does this happen to you, cause it happens to me almost any time I get sick.

Gregory
02-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, it happens to me. I chalk it up to my body revving up for the day.

sto110
02-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I used to fake sick when i was in school then get sick the next day

Keith P.
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Quit having sex with $5 hookers and this won't happen!

Generic Poster
02-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Do you actually go to the doctor the day you wake up feeling bad? Unless I have a high fever for more than like, 3 days, I don't bother going since 9 times out of 10 they can't do anything for you anyway.

HoneyDippinDan
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Do you actually go to the doctor the day you wake up feeling bad? Unless I have a high fever for more than like, 3 days, I don't bother going since 9 times out of 10 they can't do anything for you anyway.

Actually I've been sick since Monday, today just seems to be the worst since I've had it. And it seems like lately if I don't get something stronger than over the counter medication, my cold lingers for weeks on end.

Gavin
02-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Last time I called in sick I felt really ill and thought I was going to throw up. Within about thirty minutes of calling in I felt fine. My wife teased me about it, but she was glad to have me home for the day.

HoneyDippinDan
02-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Damn it, now I'm having second thoughts about going to the doctor. My buddy, who got sick at the same time as I did and has the same symptoms as I do, just came home from the doctor and was told that he just has a bug that is going around and was told that regular OTC medicine should do just fine. I have good health insurance that will cover most of the cost of going to the doctor but now I really don't want to go if knowing that they will probably tell me to go get some Robatussin and some extra sleep.