PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember that short ventriloquist dummy horror film on USA?

Bill!
02-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I think it was one of those old short films they use to put between their horror double features. It was about a woman in this apartment whose husband had brought home a dummy. She was taking a shower and when she got out the dummy was sitting on the toilet staring at her. Later I remember she was being chased by it and it had a knife and she locked herself in a room. She slowly went to the floor to look under the door and there was a closeup of the dummy staring back at her under the door.

Anyone know if this exists anywhere on vhs or dvd? It wasn't very long, ten minutes or less probably but fucking scary as hell and the reason I and I am sure a lot of people have fears of ventriloquist dummies.

Keith P.
02-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I think it was one of those old short films they use to put between their horror double features. It was about a woman in this apartment whose husband had brought home a dummy. She was taking a shower and when she got out the dummy was sitting on the toilet staring at her. Later I remember she was being chased by it and it had a knife and she locked herself in a room. She slowly went to the floor to look under the door and there was a closeup of the dummy staring back at her under the door.

Anyone know if this exists anywhere on vhs or dvd? It wasn't very long, ten minutes or less probably but fucking scary as hell and the reason I and I am sure a lot of people have fears of ventriloquist dummies.

Yes, I remember it.

Let me see if I can find it.

NATE!
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM

I believe it's called Dummy, believe it or not. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember this movie (or something like it) in the horror section of a videostore I used to frequent as a kid.

Keith P.
02-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Doesn't he stab her in the leg?

Is that the one?

Bill!
02-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Doesn't he stab her in the leg?

Is that the one?

I think so. I would kill to see this again. I only saw it once and it terrified me so bad as a child I remember parts of it vividly to this day.

Keith P.
02-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I think so.

Yeah thats it.

I can't find any videos, but it was part of USA Up All Nights, Night Flight.

Bill!
02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah thats it.

I can't find any videos, but it was part of USA Up All Nights, Night Flight.

Hmm. I wonder how one would go about finding that thing. It must exist somewhere in some format.

The Sentient Xbox
02-05-2007, 04:32 PM
DUDE, I cant believe someone remembers this...

The creepiest thing about it was the music, just a simple low "bump...bump...bump....bump...bump..."

My brother and I joke about this all the time, thats awesome.

Bill!
02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I think I found an ebay auction that has a huge collection of Night Flight on DVD. Not sure how interested I am in the rest of the stuff, but I'm going to ask the guy if the Dummy is on any of the discs. Wonder what the quality is like too.

NATE!
02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I think I found an ebay auction that has a huge collection of Night Flight on DVD. Not sure how interested I am in the rest of the stuff, but I'm going to ask the guy if the Dummy is on any of the discs. Wonder what the quality is like too.

I would KILL for some Night Flight episodes. That show simply rocked. Nothing like it.

Bill!
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I would KILL for some Night Flight episodes. That show simply rocked. Nothing like it.

If I manage to get my hands on it because it has the Dummy on there, I'd be happy to make copies for people interested.

NATE!
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
If I manage to get my hands on it because it has the Dummy on there, I'd be happy to make copies for people interested.

Keep me posted. I haven't seen that show in 15-20 years.

NikShows
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
I thought I was the only one looking for these. "The Dummy" was just one of many horror shorts that USA would show as filler after their USA Saturday Nightmares movies.By filler I mean that most of the time the movie would end a quater to the hour so they would run these shorts to make up the time.

These shorts were scarier & creepier then the movie that preceded.Anyone remember the one about the old woman in the rain?A detective called on duty in the middle of the night to investigate some gruesome killings is driving and stops to pick up an old woman who is carrying what looks like a bowling bag in a downpour.When she gets in and they're driving he starts talking to her but gets no response.She opens the bag takes out a huge machete and puts it right through him.Then we just see the car stop the creepy old woman get out and continue walking on the road in the heavy rain.

Another one called "The Trap" had a man building this huge rat trap in the basement of his house.The whole time he's making the trap you hear his wife from upstairs bickering to him constantly.At the end of the film he throws his torso on the trap letting it crush his spine.Weird!

joespam
03-08-2007, 03:14 AM
I believe it's called Dummy, believe it or not. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember this movie (or something like it) in the horror section of a videostore I used to frequent as a kid.You might be thinking of the Anthony Hopkins movie from the 70s also featuring a Ventriloquist's Dummy.

gorefanatic
03-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Bring back any memories?

http://home.neb.rr.com/gpkps/stool.jpg
http://www.robcrusade.com/images/movies/cont/conhook.jpg

Bill!
03-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Bring back any memories?

Holy shit yes. God that movie is creepy. Do you know where to find it?

bairdduvessa
03-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Bring back any memories?

one look at that pic and i remembered it. i'm going to go hide now

gorefanatic
03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Im the son of a bitch who has it on dvd

Bill!
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Ta da!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O656QYrPWGs

thatguyfromsyracuse
10-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I used to watch those scary movies on USA all the time, but sadly I don't remember this one! Now that you've brought this up, I'm trying to remember a movie they used to play on USA or TNT, I think it was called "Sorority Girls At The Slime-Bowl-O-Rama" or something. Does that ring any bells with anyone? I think it took place in a mall...