PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Yeah!!!! Farve Will Return Next Season!!!!!

Dr. Blasphemy
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
This makes me HAPPY!!!Favre will play in 2007
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This Subscribe
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 hours ago

The Green Bay Packers won't have to wait until the start of free agency again to learn the future of their star quarterback.

Future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre has decided to return to the team in 2007 and told team brass of his decision earlier today, sources close to Favre told FOXSports.com.

Favre himself ascertained as much in an interview with the Biloxi Sun Herald.

"I am so excited about coming back," Favre told the newspaper. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year and that's encouraging."

Favre is down in his home state of Mississippi and has had multiple talks with team officials this off-season. Unlike last year, when Favre allowed his decision to linger through rumor upon rumor, this year he's being much more team-friendly in letting his teammates know his deal.

Last year's mess started at the Super Bowl with wideout Donald Driver telling radio stations Favre was going to retire. Then, a rumor ran rampant that Favre would announce his retirement at a golf tournament, only to have a non-announcement rain on the gathered media's parade.

It is unclear when Favre or the team will make an official announcement about the decision.

Following the Packers' season finale against the Bears on New Year's Eve, Favre uncharacteristically become very emotional on national TV in an interview with NBC's Andrea Kreamer. After posing for a photo with his offensive line, Favre had difficulties getting through his answers and at the time it certainly seemed as if he had played his last game.

"It's tough. It's tough," Favre said in that interview. "I'm going to miss these guys and miss the game. Just wanted to let them know that. I wasn't planning on doing this, either."

However, something must have changed his mind since then.

During this past season head coach Mike McCarthy tried to convince Favre to return, as the new head coach felt the living legend was part of the solution, not the problem. The team went as far as giving Favre an office in their facility to get his work done.

Late last season Favre seemed pleased with the direction of the team, especially the growth of some younger players. Unlike the previous season when the quarterback didn't know what much of his personnel will be, that question is now taken out of the equation. Green Bay had a much better season than many prognosticators predicted and the team was even in the playoff hunt late into the season.

Jay Glazer is a senior NFL writer for FOXSports.com.

Beatle
02-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Favre= Most. OverRated. Quarterback. Ever.

Dr. Blasphemy
I know I spelled FAVRE wrong in the title thread..blow me!
;)

KingMob
not a surprise, but anyone being excited about this news is a little questionable. :lol:

J.D. Lombardi
02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Yes! I'm just happy for my uncle Vince....oh yeah, he don't coach anymore.

8-)

(no, he isn't really my uncle, either)

Dr. Blasphemy
02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
not a surprise, but anyone being excited about this news is a little questionable. :lol:

Dude, I have been a Packers fan for quite a long time (them and The Browns),
So this is great news for me...Shut up!
:)

And to say Favre is over-rated is just silly on your behalf....

Ray G.
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
They were really making a strong showing at the end of the season. I hope they have one last great year in them. It would be nice if Farve could go out on a high.

Shane W
02-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I fondly remember watching Favre cry on the sidelines in 2001 after the Rams humiliated him att he dome.

Brian Defferding
Wow, I'm actually surprised to hear this. After he delayed surgery after the season was over I thought that was a big sign right there.

That's fine by me, now the Pack just needs to get a better receiving corps; Donal Driver can't be his only go-to guy.

CapnChaos
I like Favre. I really do. But I think this is actually better news for Packers opponents considering his returns are diminishing.

The Nature Roy
02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
As a Bears fan, this also makes me happy. The Packers have little realistic chance of winning big next year with or without Farve and this decision sets back the post-Farve rebuilding period another year.

Yano
02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Ahh, the tears at the end of the season were for nothing.

KingMob
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Dude, I have been a Packers fan for quite a long time (them and The Browns),
So this is great news for me...Shut up!

And to say Favre is over-rated is just silly on your behalf....

:lol:

fair enough, so this will be my parting comment.

Favre was no good without the booze and pills.

Shane W
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Quoted for truth.

DAVE
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
http://hammer.afdc.com/activities/ultimate/summer01/teams/4/photo1.jpg

Brian Defferding
02-02-2007, 11:33 AM

He won a Super Bowl after going clean and sober!

Oh right, once a pill popper always a pill popper...

Shane W
02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
http://hammer.afdc.com/activities/ultimate/summer01/teams/4/photo1.jpg

Is this Clemens resting for the second half of 2007?

DAVE
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Is this Clemens resting for the second half of 2007?

No, this horse is still in shape.

ThisSpaceForRent
02-02-2007, 11:37 AM

word.

but FYI - Favre retired years ago. He hasn't been a positive factor in the NFL for years.

Whatever...14 free wins for opposing teams next season!

"Brett Favre - doing his part to undo parity in the NFL since 1996!"

Dr. Blasphemy
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
He won a Super Bowl after going clean and sober!

Oh right, once a pill popper always a pill popper...
Pay these clowns no mind Brian...They are clueless...
GO PACK!

And BTW- Colts by 10.

Rex Grossman? Pulease!

Brian Defferding
02-02-2007, 11:39 AM
C'mon you Favre haters, bring me your best arguments. I'm all ears.

Dr. Blasphemy
02-02-2007, 11:40 AM
You must remember we are on a message board with Comic fans who hate comics, Wrestling fans that hate wrestling, and music fans that hate everything except what they listen to....

Shane W
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM

He cried like a baby at the Dome in St,. Louis when the Rams schooled his ass.

Brian Defferding
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Pay these clowns no mind Brian...They are clueless...
GO PACK!

And BTW- Colts by 10.

Rex Grossman? Pulease!

I know, it's like the same people that hate Peyton Manning. Can't understand it. You get those dickheads out there that put on a show and attitude with inflated egos, but its the people that actually love playing the game who get all the flack. :roll:

KingMob
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
He cried like a baby at the Dome in St,. Louis when the Rams schooled his ass.

he is 37 and wears braces.

DAVE
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
he is 37 and wears braces.

and he cries about losing football games.

Beatle
02-02-2007, 11:57 AM
All I know is that the Greatest QB of all time (John Elway) got his first Superbowl trophy at Favre's expense.

The Best Play in Superbowl 32 was Elway Jumping for the first down and getting hit by two defenders but still making it because he is a winner. Later LB John Mobley knocked down Favre's pass to Chumura to win the Super Bowl. FARVE'S pass was blocked to end the game (John did a kneel down, but Favre missed his guy in the clutch.)

Screw Farve. Dude can't even spell his own last name Correctly.

Bronco's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Packers hahahahahahahaha!

Dr. Blasphemy
02-02-2007, 11:59 AM
All I know is that the Greatest QB of all time (John Elway) got his first Superbowl trophy at Favre's expense.

The Best Play in Superbowl 32 was Elway Jumping for the first down and getting hit by two defenders but still making it because he is a winner. Later LB John Mobley knocked down Favre's pass to Chumura to win the Super Bowl. FARVE'S pass was blocked to end the game (John did a kneel down, but Favre missed his guy in the clutch.)

Wow- living in the past glory of a long retired player.....
Sad really.

And who gives a shit if the guy shows some emotion?
maybe he should be a "thug" like the rest of the NFL is becoming....

Screw you haters...

KingMob
02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I heard he once put peanut butter on his junk to attract a team of small pomeranians. :razz:

Shane W
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow- living in the past glory of a long retired player.....
Sad really.

And who gives a shit if the guy shows some emotion?
maybe he should be a "thug" like the rest of the NFL is becoming....

Screw you haters...

Emotion would have been standing like a man. He was bawling like a 16 year old being stood up for her Jr. Prom.

Beatle
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Screw Favre! he is too close to Elway's NFL record of most wins by a single player. I don't want him breaking that!!

But if he does break it John can Console himself by Shining his Superbowl Trophy and MVP awards.

ThisSpaceForRent
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM

He has absolutely NO ability to read the field and make quick decisions.
He knows where he's going to throw the ball before they even huddle. Doesn't matter if a guy's wide fucking open or if there are four defenders there....he's got his target picked long before the ball is snapped...

Oh - and he's the most selfish player in NFL history. ANYONE else would have stepped aside by now to let the team have a future. And HOW many games did he cost them for the sake of that consecutive start record? Jeez...it was hysterical watching him refuse to sit down when he couldn't even hold onto a football....what a dick.

Shane W
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Screw Favre! he is too close to Elway's NFL record of most wins by a single player. I don't want him breaking that!!

But if he does break it John can Console himself by Shining his Superbowl Trophy and MVP awards.

And his booze.

Beatle
02-02-2007, 12:08 PM
He knows where he's going to throw the ball before they even huddle. Doesn't matter if a guy's wide fucking open or if there are four defenders there....he's got his target picked long before the ball is snapped...

Oh - and he's the most selfish player in NFL history. ANYONE else would have stepped aside by now to let the team have a future. And HOW many games did he cost them for the sake of that consecutive start record? Jeez...it was hysterical watching him refuse to sit down when he couldn't even hold onto a football....what a dick.

Truth!

Favre is very selfish and not a team guy. The Packer fans need to realize they have little to no chance of winning the Superbowl with him at the helm.

Farve was great in his prime but he has been a shell of his former self for years now. Is he an all-time Great? I think he is a second level guy (With Guys like Phil Simms, Boomer Esiason and Jim Kelly)

Brian Defferding
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM

You DO realize that you're comparing Favre to some of the greatest quarterbacks of the last few decades, right? If you are, then maybe he's not overrated, hmmmm? :)

Brian Defferding
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
What? Part of what makes Favre great IS is quick decisions and ability to work under pressure. I love plays where it looks like he's about to get sacked and he shovels the ball off to a halfback and scampers 30 yards downfield. Most quarterbacks would crouch down for the easy kill. Sometimes Favre's desire to make a play backfires, other times it turns into TD's. That's part of the beauty of football.

Lately this hasn't been working in his favor admittedly, but he's had a huge knack of threading the needle between defenders. Most people would call that accuracy, part of the QB job.

This is where my mind explodes. How many winning seasons have the Packers had with Favre? He still drives the team downfield and scores touchdowns. He has a knack for making somebodies out of nobodies, most receivers get their best stats when catching Favre's passes; those same receivers who sign with another team all of a sudden disappear from the statistic radar.

Keep in mind I do think Favre IS getting old and showing it onfield. But this hate is a little bewildering.

Brian Defferding
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Truth!

Favre is very selfish and not a team guy. The Packer fans need to realize they have little to no chance of winning the Superbowl with him at the helm.

Farve was great in his prime but he has been a shell of his former self for years now. Is he an all-time Great? I think he is a second level guy (With Guys like Phil Simms, Boomer Esiason and Jim Kelly)

You have GOT to be kidding.

Favre has more yards than Elway, more completions than Elway, 2 more MVP's than Elway, and 114 more career TD's than Elway...in the same amount of seasons played!

Cuckoo
02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Good news.

changingshades
02-04-2007, 01:48 PM
ahahahaha

that amuses me

changingshades
02-04-2007, 01:50 PM

hey he is a superbowl winning quarterback. Not even 40 people all time can say that.

He just needs to know when to retire, if not for him than for the good of his team, which at this point would be 2 years ago

Your Pal, Carl
02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
And I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that he would announce this during Super Bowl week. :)

Brad N.
02-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Fuck Bret Favre.

UltimateQuintessa
03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Look what I found.

Roman Noodles
03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
TIME TRAVEL TUESDAY!!!!! :dazed:

Kingsumo
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Look what I found.