PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else ever cheat at Chuck E. Cheese?

JoeE
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
This is something that most people don't know about, but little kids can cheat massively to get tickets at Chuck E. Cheese. I'm ashamed to say that I did it!

Anyway, I had two methods. The first was probably a bit more risky, and less rewarding as well. On the skee ball machines I would put in a token, let the wooden balls come up, and then quickly make my way up the alley with a few balls in hand and dunk them in the top-scoring hole. I think something similar was done in a Simpsons episode. I would repeat it until the balls ran out. One successful run would result in a pretty big ticket yield, and if you could pull off another you were golden. The downside of this method was that it was pretty easy to get caught, obviously - you had to wait until the skee ball area was less-populated, or you had to get someone to watch your back. It also only works for little kids - the younger you are, the more easily you can make your way back and forth the skee ball alley without someone older tattling, because who's going to tattletale on a little kid? You had to be fast and discrete as possible.

The easier and probably more-rewarding method was on the kiddie basketball dunking game. I would simply grab the ball, climb up the machine to where I could reach the hoop with my hands, and simply dunk the ball in and out of the hoop without dropping it and let the points roll up. Pretty soon I was rolling in the tickets. I heard from some other kids that you didn't even need the ball - you could just manipulate the hoop with your finger - but I never attempted this.

Surprisingly, I never got kicked out, either. I got caught a few times and was given a warning, but I never let it get past that.

Anyway, I'm bored tonight.

Vonn Hennigar
01-31-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't think we had Chuck E Cheese up here when i was a kid, but we had BULLWINKLES which was awesomeness squared.

And yes i cheated like a mofo.

Michael Blacklist
01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
I tried that at my Chuck E. Cheese when I was a kid and a pressure sensitive alarm went off on my lane. That taught me never to cheat at skeeball.

I just moved over to Whack-A-Mole and used my entire arm to hit multiple holes.

Brad N.
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Remember when Chuck E Cheese had sort of cool prizes? I took my little one there a couple weeks back and he (and I) managed to score a few thousand tickets. I went up to the counter and seriously the only decent thing for less than 5,000 tickets was an eraser. How lame. I recall getting whoopee cushions for like 50 tickets as a kid, now if you want a RC car it's like 100,000 tickets and shit.

JoeE
01-31-2007, 04:18 PM
I bet those prizes absolutely drive parents out of their mind, because I'm sure you could buy everything they have twice with the cost of the damn tokens.

GabeLogan
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
It was SHOWBIZ PIZZA when I was a kid.

Michael Blacklist
01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
It was SHOWBIZ PIZZA when I was a kid.

Hell yeah! We had a Showbiz across from our Chuck E Cheese before Chuck absorbed the competition. That was a sad day.

KAK
01-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Used to cheat at the skeeball, when the tickets started coming out of the machine, if you GENLY pulled on the tickes, it would keep feeding them out, ooooh was I a ticket rich fool

Patrick King
01-31-2007, 04:49 PM
I never went to Chuck E. Cheese's, but at Mr. Gatti's I remember one time a bunch of friends and I were there, and I noticed an easily-reachable trashcan under the prize counter LOADED with tickets. They looked a little warped or chewed, but my friends covered me and I managed to get all of them (200-300+). It was awesome.

FredC
01-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Nope. Of course, the Chuck E. Cheese where I went I didn't play for prizes much. I preferred to just play the Ninja Turtles arcade game.

xyzzy
01-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Not Chuck-E-Cheez, but my friends and I did once cheat at getting tickets. This amusement park had a machine where you would put a quarter in and it would land in a big pile of quarters, then a pusher would push it and if any fell off the edge, you would get tickets. We just tipped the whole thing over at an angle and got a shitload of tickets. We used them to get about a hundred superballs and proceeded to chuck them all over the park.

JoeE
01-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Not Chuck-E-Cheez, but my friends and I did once cheat at getting tickets. This amusement park had a machine where you would put a quarter in and it would land in a big pile of quarters, then a pusher would push it and if any fell off the edge, you would get tickets. We just tipped the whole thing over at an angle and got a shitload of tickets. We used them to get about a hundred superballs and proceeded to chuck them all over the park.

Awesome. I hated that fucking machine when I was a kid, wish I could go tell my 7-year old self that trick.

GabeLogan
01-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Hell yeah! We had a Showbiz across from our Chuck E Cheese before Chuck absorbed the competition. That was a sad day.

Yeah I loved that place and I hated it when Chuck bought them out. Luckily by that time I was getting old enough to not really go anymore.

GabeLogan
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Awesome. I hated that fucking machine when I was a kid, wish I could go tell my 7-year old self that trick.

I loved that machine when you could actually win the quarters instead of tickets. I made a ton of money on those things.

Mgertz
07-19-2011, 06:25 PM
don't need to i already have a cheat, my cuz works there as chuck E and she gives me free tokens and we get tickets thrown at us all the time!!

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
07-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I think you mean Showbiz Pizza.

Matthew Brown
07-19-2011, 06:30 PM
No, I'm a good person.

Spidey616
07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
"Hey that's cheating!"

-Nelson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MQoPDJkC4

shoelaceless
07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I usually just get a motel room.

(I can't believe no one made that joke 4.5 years ago.)

RickLM
07-19-2011, 06:35 PM
You jerks ruined Chuck E. Cheese for all the honest, timid kids.

Kedd
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM

:lol:

The Funketeer
07-19-2011, 07:04 PM

Just remember when you're in that motel room...

you didn't even need the ball - you could just manipulate the hoop with your finger

batmanbooyah
07-19-2011, 07:20 PM
fuck chuck e cheese, i cheat at dave and busters NOW.

ShortStack
07-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I didn't have to. I was and still am some kind of weird savant with that game where a light travels in a circle underneath a few arches and you have to hit the button when it gets underneath the arch. I would just use that as a ticket machine.

Spidey616
07-19-2011, 07:25 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmu98sBI9U1qzado8o1_500.jpg

dougmac
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
My kids get upset every time there's a CHuck E Cheese ad on Nick or Disney because we dont have one near us

c. page
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Went for the arcade games, myself. Never really played the machines for prizes because I always thought the prizes sucked.

Ryan Elliott
07-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Nah I never cheated. Never even thought about cheating really.

Just tried to win at pure skill alone.

Didn't do too bad either. Got better with age.

Yes, I'm bored too.

Stark Raving
07-20-2011, 07:33 AM
don't need to i already have a cheat, my cuz works there as chuck E and she gives me free tokens and we get tickets thrown at us all the time!!
Livin' the dream, eh?

Jef UK
07-20-2011, 09:24 AM
At Mountasia in Plano I would crawl under the ski ball machines and just take out blocks of tickets, then go spend them all on super balls, to then hit off the tallest fake mountain in the putt putt course, out into the world.

frzamonkey
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
This is something that most people don't know about, but little kids can cheat massively to get tickets at Chuck E. Cheese. I'm ashamed to say that I did it!

Anyway, I had two methods. The first was probably a bit more risky, and less rewarding as well. On the skee ball machines I would put in a token, let the wooden balls come up, and then quickly make my way up the alley with a few balls in hand and dunk them in the top-scoring hole. I think something similar was done in a Simpsons episode. I would repeat it until the balls ran out. One successful run would result in a pretty big ticket yield, and if you could pull off another you were golden. The downside of this method was that it was pretty easy to get caught, obviously - you had to wait until the skee ball area was less-populated, or you had to get someone to watch your back. It also only works for little kids - the younger you are, the more easily you can make your way back and forth the skee ball alley without someone older tattling, because who's going to tattletale on a little kid? You had to be fast and discrete as possible.

The easier and probably more-rewarding method was on the kiddie basketball dunking game. I would simply grab the ball, climb up the machine to where I could reach the hoop with my hands, and simply dunk the ball in and out of the hoop without dropping it and let the points roll up. Pretty soon I was rolling in the tickets. I heard from some other kids that you didn't even need the ball - you could just manipulate the hoop with your finger - but I never attempted this.

Surprisingly, I never got kicked out, either. I got caught a few times and was given a warning, but I never let it get past that.

Anyway, I'm bored tonight.

As someone who has worked as an arcade tech for 10 years, i'd like to punch you in the face.

ticket thieves, the lot of you.

:)

Josh V
07-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I worked there for 7 years, those tricks at chuck e cheese are more common than you think

Dreg
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Hell Yeah. Chuck E. Cheese's is the perfect place to have an affair. Chances are, your wife doesn't run in the same social circles as ten year-olds.

Josh V
07-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Hell Yeah. Chuck E. Cheese's is the perfect place to have an affair. Chances are, your wife doesn't run in the same social circles as ten year-olds.

Except when you go to chuck e cheese with your wife. Then it gets ugly. Man that job lead to some fun experiences

RickLM
07-20-2011, 02:04 PM
I worked there for 7 years, those tricks at chuck e cheese are more common than you think

Is it just my local Chuck E. Cheese, or do all franchises have a large number of customers who seem to hail from the fringes of society? It's like, hey I just got paroled, why not drop $150 on my kids' birthday party and invite my whole crew!

Josh V
07-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Is it just my local Chuck E. Cheese, or do all franchises have a large number of customers who seem to hail from the fringes of society? It's like, hey I just got paroled, why not drop $150 on my kids' birthday party and invite my whole crew!

Chuck e cheese used to look for mostly ethnically diverse areas to do it's business in. I know the joke amongst several people I knew is that it was like a ghetto vacation to disney. Don't think it is just specific to you

costello
07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
I have a token with a tiny hole drilled through it. I tied fishing line to it, so I feed the token in until it presses on the little metal bar but before it's released inside of the machine. Pull it out and every game is a free game.

Supreme Convoy
07-20-2011, 03:50 PM
The best way for me was slowly pulling out the tickets and you pulled out as many as you can before the perforated part tore off.