PDA

View Full Version : The thought of using sick leave is seducing me.

HoneyDippinDan
01-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not really all that sick, it's just that the super greasy (therefore incredibly delicious) fried chicken I ate last night has done some terrible things to my insides. I'll probably be fine in a couple hours but since we just began a new year, I have six days of sick leave. It would be so easy just to call in but I don't think I should, since there is always the chance of needing my sick days for something worse. Of course, I could just call in for a half day or a couple hours. Damn this easy, convenient way to getting out of work.

RebootedCorpse
01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
We get 22 sick days. It's like they beg me to call in sick!

Vonn Hennigar
01-25-2007, 01:17 PM

22?

Christ i'm assuming you're a long-term employee and have built this up through the years right?

Do you get cashed out at the end of the year for sick days not used at least?

HoneyDippinDan
01-25-2007, 01:17 PM

I wish I could just use a vacation day. I still have vacation time from last year that I need to use up.

RebootedCorpse
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
22?

Christ i'm assuming you're a long-term employee and have built this up through the years right?

Do you get cashed out at the end of the year for sick days not used at least?

No it's use it or lose it. See what I'm saying? If I don't use them, I'm a sucker!
(Actually, I've never used more than 10 in a year.)

RyanP
01-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm not really all that sick, it's just that the super greasy (therefore incredibly delicious) fried chicken I ate last night has done some terrible things to my insides. I'll probably be fine in a couple hours but since we just began a new year, I have six days of sick leave. It would be so easy just to call in but I don't think I should, since there is always the chance of needing my sick days for something worse. Of course, I could just call in for a half day or a couple hours. Damn this easy, convenient way to getting out of work.

I feel the same way about using my time. Sometimes I'd really like to call in when i'm not sick, but I'm afraid I might need that time later.

HoneyDippinDan
01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Guess I'm calling in sick, at least for a couple of hours. The fact that I should of left for work 15 minutes ago and I'm still here tells me so.

Ben
01-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Let the 'thought of using sick leave' fuck you. It'll probably give you some STD, which will give you an excuse to use sick leave!

HoneyDippinDan
01-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I called in and said I'll be two hours late. I figure that'll give me enough time to determine whether or not my stomach will calm down enough so that I can work without having to worry about burping up stomach acid all over my desk. Also, my coworkers won't have to worry about the mustard gas my body is currently producing. The shit part of this plan is that if I do go to work, I'll be leaving during rush hour and my drive there will take twice as long. :(

Albert
01-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Man, I only get five sick days. 22 is craaaaaaayyyyyyyzaaaaaay.