PDA

View Full Version : The RANDOM Character Generation Thread (Old Marvel Superheroes)

WinterRose
01-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Okay. A friend of mine is busting out his old books and boning up on the rules for the old TSR version of Marvel Superheroes. For those of you too young to remember this one, it was a pretty quick and dirty superhero dice and paper RPG. (Used % dice and tables mainly) It went the way of all things, and was out of print before Wizards of the Coast ever THOUGHT of buying TSR. But it was all manner of fun!

I used to have endless fun just rolling random characters up using the old Ultimate Powers book that Cth bequeathed to me. You'd get some truly STRANGE stuff sometimes. SOME of you still have those books out there. And for those that don't, the PDF's of those old out of print books are usually easy enough to find. Hell, there's a GREAT page full of resources for it here:

http://www.classicmarvel.com/

So here's your assignment, should you choose to accept. Roll up a random character. Use whatever rolling methods or house rules you like or preferred. Me? I'm rolling up five of them just to see what I get. I'll post em when I'm done.

Gregory
01-24-2007, 08:30 AM
I bought the mutant guide for this game just because I was that big an X-Men fan. Never played the game.