PDA

View Full Version : posting from jury duty

Oeming
01-24-2007, 05:30 AM
On my blacberry
Watching a horribly distorted instructional video that looks like the dharma tapes from Lost...pretty funny

WillieLee
01-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Have you figured out a way to escape?

Ziggy
01-24-2007, 05:36 AM
vote guilty!

Dwight L. MacPherson
01-24-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm pretty lucky. In 36 years of life, I've never had to pull jury duty.
Of course, by saying this, I probably jinxed myself. :lol:

SteveZegers
01-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Does it have the really poor re-creation of the Salem Witch trials? The one I had to watch did.

mario
01-24-2007, 05:47 AM
On my blacberry
Watching a horribly distorted instructional video that looks like the dharma tapes from Lost...pretty funny

keep us posted with the proceedings and if they catch you doing it, they might kick you of the jury for it :)

Oeming
01-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Have you figured out a way to escape?

Not yet... Things are crazy right now so maybe ill just flip out and they'll ask me to leave:)

bairdduvessa
01-24-2007, 06:15 AM
this just in, mike oeming was arrested for demanding the judge lick his own taint. more to follow

Tschloendorn
01-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Hang 'em by the scrotum!

bairdduvessa
01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
"ya honor, i'm real sorry like, bu tno is the time i must scat into the mouth of a magistrate according to my durn church. Now I can do it here, but frankly I feel that yer mouth may be to perdy. So I is asking if I can done be excused?"

M. Sean McManus
01-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Nice! A guy at work here just missed being on a six month sequested trial this morning, he's been back at work for all of 20 minutes now.

Ray G.
01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Those videos are horrid. A more irritating piece of claptrap propaganda I've never seen. Good luck getting out of it! You're Michael Fucking Avon Fucking Oeming. No jury can hold you. :)

BJLG
01-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey dude,
This doesn't help you in the here and now, but when I've received notifications I've started sending back a formal letter explaining that I am self-employed and that any loss of work time represents a hardship.
They stopped asking me.

But since I moved last summer, I am now in a different township so we'll see if the same magic works here.
You may want to try doing the same after you move.

bairdduvessa
01-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Those videos are horrid. A more irritating piece of claptrap propaganda I've never seen. Good luck getting out of it! You're Michael Fucking Avon Fucking Oeming. No jury can hold you. :)

wait there are videos?

WillieLee
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Not yet... Things are crazy right now so maybe ill just flip out and they'll ask me to leave:)

Might I suggest an Al Pacino impression from And Justice for All?

"I'm out of order!? You're out of order! This whole court's out of order!"

Oeming
01-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey dude,
This doesn't help you in the here and now, but when I've received notifications I've started sending back a formal letter explaining that I am self-employed and that any loss of work time represents a hardship.
They stopped asking me.

But since I moved last summer, I am now in a different township so we'll see if the same magic works here.
You may want to try doing the same after you move.

I didnt get back to them in time. I usually do that, but Im just over worked.

Shannon Chenoweth
01-24-2007, 06:01 PM
So, how long were you there?

bairdduvessa
01-24-2007, 06:09 PM
and more importantly did you steal us anything cool

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
01-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Why does Philly confiscate your phones when you enter the courthouse?? Dang it! =(

I'm only slightly jealous of your blackberry M! I'm too in love with my phone to be TOTALLY envious.
++++++++end of transmission+++++++

DeleriumTremens
01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Having worked as an Attorney in Death Penalty cases I know that there are certain cases where they don't take financial hardship as an excuse.

The only thing I can recommend is to be careful if you try to get kicked off a jury. Most of the time you end up just being put on a civil jury and that's even more boring than a criminal jury.

bairdduvessa
01-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Having worked as an Attorney in Death Penalty cases I know that there are certain cases where they don't take financial hardship as an excuse.

The only thing I can recommend is to be careful if you try to get kicked off a jury. Most of the time you end up just being put on a civil jury and that's even more boring than a criminal jury.

so...kill anybody famous?

rychehitman
01-29-2007, 03:18 AM
what was the verdict?