PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Nomination Predictions 2

Scotty
01-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Let's see adjusted the early one from decemeber let's see how close we are tomorrow

Best Picture
Littlle Miss Sunshine
The Queen
Babel
The Departed
Dreamgirls

Best Director
Stephen Frears- The Queen
Martin Scorsese-The Departed
Bill Condon- Dream Girls
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-Babel
Clint Eastwood- Letters from Iwo Jima

Actor
Forest Whitaker-The Last King of Scotland
Will Smith- The Pursuit of Happiness
Peter Otoole-Venus
Leonardo Dicapro- The Departed
Sascha Cohen- Borat

Supporting Actor
Jack Nicholson- The Departed
Eddie Murphy- Dreamgirls
Steve Carell- Little Miss Sunshine
James McAvoy- The Last King of Scotland
Alan Arkin- little Miss Sunshine

Best Actress
Helen Mirren- The Queen
Meryl Streep- The Devil Wears Prada
Kate Winslet- Little Children
Penelope Cruz-Volver
Judi Dench- Notes on a Scandle

Best Supporting Actress
Jennifer Hudson Dreamgirls
Abigail Breslin- Little Miss Sunshine
Cate Blanchette- Notes on a Scandle
Shareeka Epps- Half Nelson
Cathrine Ohara- For your Consideration

THWIP!
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I swear to fucking god if Scorsese loses this year I'm going to fucking murder someone.

Scotty
01-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I think he will loose to be honest.

WillieLee
01-22-2007, 09:10 PM

His bowels?

Hock
01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Pan's Labrynth better win for Best Foreign Language Picture.

Hock
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM

I think the Departed will not win Best Picture, but Scorsese will win Best Director

Humphrey_Lee
01-22-2007, 09:20 PM
My predictions are the same as they were in early December. I figure it'll be:

The Departed
Dreamgirls
Babel
United 93
toss up between either Eastwood war flick (Letters is allowed to be nominated right? It's not technically a foreign flick I believe. Ah well).

Sadly I've only seen Departed and Flags so I don't know if that's really fair, but given what I was seeing beforehand that's kinda how I saw it going down.

Taxman
01-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Color me surprised that Meryl Streep is getting all of this Oscar buzz. I don't remember anyone having a single good thing to say about that film when it was out.

Also, if Murphy were to win, that certainly wouldn't be something that I was ever expecting.

Taxman
01-22-2007, 09:25 PM
My predictions are the same as they were in early December. I figure it'll be:

The Departed
Dreamgirls
Babel
United 93
toss up between either Eastwood war flick (Letters is allowed to be nominated right? It's not technically a foreign flick I believe. Ah well).

Sadly I've only seen Departed and Flags so I don't know if that's really fair, but given what I was seeing beforehand that's kinda how I saw it going down.Foreign films are eligible for the regualr catagories. To be considered for the foreign langue catagory, a film has to be submitted by a countries film board, or government, or some such thing.

Scotty
01-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Color me surprised that Meryl Streep is getting all of this Oscar buzz. I don't remember anyone having a single good thing to say about that film when it was out.

Also, if Murphy were to win, that certainly wouldn't be something that I was ever expecting.

I thought she was great in the movie. I loved 'The Devil wears Prada.'

My long shot on the list is Steve Carell, he deserves it, dunno if he'll get it.

And don't be surprised if Borat gets nominated for best picture it could happen. I had it on my list for a bit and then took it out.

Humphrey_Lee
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Foreign films are eligible for the regualr catagories. To be considered for the foreign langue catagory, a film has to be submitted by a countries film board, or government, or some such thing.

Okay, that's about how I thought it worked, just wanted to be safe. I figure it'll be Letters then. Filming it from the other perspective of that battle is the kind of stuff the Oscar's will fucking eat up.

And yeah, I haven't even seen it yet but even I know Pan's Labyrinth will win best Foreign. :)

Tom Burgos
01-22-2007, 09:50 PM

In your neck of the woods maybe; I heard and read nothing but raves for her performance in DWP: in my opinion she was brilliantly subtle, funny and just delicious; a role that in any lesser actor's hands would've easily turned into a Cruella DeVil Meets Hitler caricature, she made Miranda Priestley a living, breathing, complex human being.
The film is far from the best, but I thought it was entertaining, funny as hell and great to look at, and Meryl's performance was indeed a triumph (imo)

Oh, and I agree with the guy who said that Scorcese will win director but not Pic.
I wouldn't be shocked of Babel, Dreamgirls or Little Miss Sunshine took the prize.

HCMarvel
01-22-2007, 10:07 PM
My predictions are pretty similar:

Picture:
Departed
Dreamgirls
Queen
Babel
Little Miss Sunshine

Actor:
Whiticar
O'Toole
Dicaprio (Departed)
Sasha Baron Cohen
Gosling

Actress:
Miren
Winslett
Street
Cruz
Dench

Sup Actor
Murphey
Nicholson
Arkin
Caine (Children of Men)
Brad Pitt

Sup Actress:
Hudson
Blanchett (notes on)
Mexican nanny from Babel
Japanese girl from Babel
Girl from Little Miss Sunshine

Director:
Scorcese
Eastwood
Dreamgirls guy
Babel guy
Frears (The Queen)

bartleby
01-23-2007, 03:32 AM
I didn't bother to make any predictions this year, but frankly I expect things to play out pretty much without any surprises so what's the point really.