PDA

View Full Version : Studio 60

WillieLee
01-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Dude needs to update his material. That is all.

The Zevad
01-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Dude needs to update his material. That is all.

Interesting.

WillieLee
01-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Interesting.

No, it isn't. That's the problem.

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Best show on television. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

WillieLee
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Don't be silly. The best show on television wouldn't make an issue out of a seven year-old book.

The Roman Candle
01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Did I miss an episode? What book?

WillieLee
01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
It's on a day early in Canada. The 48 laws of Power. I can't wait for him to tackle the rise of 'gangsta rap'.

Hock
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
There is still modern relevance to be found in books published previously, be it 8 years, or 800.

WillieLee
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
There is still modern relevance to be found in books published previously, be it 8 years, or 800.

No.

Hock
01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
No.

So once a book has been published, the ideas within are only relevant for what? a year? two years?

WillieLee
01-21-2007, 10:02 PM
So once a book has been published, the ideas within are only relevant for what? a year? two years?

6 months.

01-21-2007, 10:08 PM
6 months.

I wonder if I can use this arguement against the christians...

Hock
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
6 months.

So I haven't actually seen the episode, but the ideas in a book like this generally have longstanding relevancy. If it was talking about controversy about the book itself, then yeah, it's a little late for that.

Humphrey_Lee
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I wonder if I can use this arguement against the christians...

Nah. They pretty much re-write that book every six months anyways.

01-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Nah. They pretty much re-write that book every six months anyways.

THEY? *ahem* GOD wrote that book, not people.

Bedlam66
01-22-2007, 12:01 AM
THEY? *ahem* GOD wrote that book, not people.
Yup you just keep telling yourself that.

WillieLee
01-22-2007, 05:37 AM
So I haven't actually seen the episode, but the ideas in a book like this generally have longstanding relevancy. If it was talking about controversy about the book itself, then yeah, it's a little late for that.

It's the latter. It's presented in a 'Can you believe what they're saying!' way that has been done to death with the book. Add on his rants about reality TV and the 'FCC is evil' angle(despite the FCC rules that allow for scenarios like the one presented) and you get plotlines that are rather dated.

LordKinbote
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Just started watching it. My cousin got a story credit for this one. :)

RebootedCorpse
01-22-2007, 12:12 PM
The fact that so many people hate this show, makes me love it all the more.

Bervda
01-22-2007, 12:58 PM
The fact that so many people hate this show, makes me love it all the more.

I have no idea how an educated person could dislike this show. People who love American Idol more than life itself, I get their inability to enjoy it. It's the others that I can't comprehend.

Greenville 90210
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
It's the latter. It's presented in a 'Can you believe what they're saying!' way that has been done to death with the book. Add on his rants about reality TV and the 'FCC is evil' angle(despite the FCC rules that allow for scenarios like the one presented) and you get plotlines that are rather dated.

Then stop watching the show. Do you stick your hand in boiling water and complain about the burns?

WillieLee
01-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Then stop watching the show. Do you stick your hand in boiling water and complain about the burns?

Yes.

WillieLee
01-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I have no idea how an educated person could dislike this show. People who love American Idol more than life itself, I get their inability to enjoy it. It's the others that I can't comprehend.

Is everyone that disagrees with your opinion of lesser intelligence?

Artie Pink
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
It's as misguidedly pretentious as Sting - when Sting came on and they acted like he was still relevant and then he played that horrible song, it was a perfect metaphor for Studio 60. All puffed up and yet it's not clever or funny - it's just presented as such.

It's never made me laugh once, and the character stuff is death. D.L. Hugley's speech about the gangbanger who told him to stay home from the gangfight should have killed the show for the rest of you, too.

Mr. E!
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
It's as misguidedly pretentious as Sting - when Sting came on and they acted like he was still relevant and then he played that horrible song, it was a perfect metaphor for Studio 60. All puffed up and yet it's not clever or funny - it's just presented as such.

It's never made me laugh once, and the character stuff is death. D.L. Hugley's speech about the gangbanger who told him to stay home from the gangfight should have killed the show for the rest of you, too.

The performance by the homeless musicians from New Orleans completely negates all the Sting wankery.

But I totally get that it is not everyone's cup of joe.

Greenville 90210
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes.

Sorry.

:hugs:

WillieLee
01-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry.

:hugs:

Watch the burns!

warrenellis
01-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I have no idea how an educated person could dislike this show.

Simple.

It's not smart enough.

-- W

TheTravis!
01-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry. I laughed at "Dolphin Girl".

dEnny!
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Just passing through.

RegularJoe
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
just had to say my only gripe - allie, the head of alternative programming, referring to herself as 'pretty'.

Bedlam66
01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I just got done watching this and let me say. I'm really glad this show is back.

LilPoe
01-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I liked that it sort of shattered all the illusions of the Christmas one.

01-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Absolutely loved this episode. This show makes me not care about watching anything else on tv. It's like when you meet that one woman that is so much of everything that you could ever want that you don't notice that other women even exist. This show is that woman.

BENDIS!
01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
the show is fantastic. the new characters, and there are shockingly many, are all fantastic. i am thrilled whats her face from the uk office is a player now.

i'd hate to be an actor on that show- you can be written off like that!

Greenville 90210
01-23-2007, 12:53 AM
the show is fantastic. the new characters, and there are shockingly many, are all fantastic. i am thrilled whats her face from the uk office is a player now.

I miss Ricky and Ron. :(

bartleby
01-23-2007, 03:26 AM

http://www.variety.com/graphics/events2004/Evan-Handler.jpg

Randy Hassan
01-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Does anybody find it creepy that Danny is essentially stalking Jordan?

dougmac
01-23-2007, 05:56 AM

and the previews make it look like it's going to get worse.

This show is hitting such a great stride that it seems to be the fastest hour on television. The credits come up and it's hard to believe that an hour has passed.

Generic Poster
01-23-2007, 06:03 AM

Ding! That's when I stopped watching as well. I got sick of being told how smart the show was rather than being shown actual smarts.

Binx
01-23-2007, 06:13 AM
just had to say my only gripe - allie, the head of alternative programming, referring to herself as 'pretty'.

Agreed. But nice body . . .

Binx
01-23-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm sorry. I laughed at "Dolphin Girl".

Yep. Attractive women making strange noises always cracks me up.

WillieLee
01-23-2007, 06:29 AM

She just needs to learn that he is what she really wants.

Freeway
01-23-2007, 06:35 AM

Lucy Davis, Brian! SHE HAS A NAME.

But I am also glad that she's getting regular work, because I was worried that only Martin Freeman would make a splash.

J. Wilson
01-23-2007, 09:33 AM

I didn't think his initial telling her from before the hiatus was bad, but I have to admit that it did seem creepy last night.

J. Wilson
01-23-2007, 09:35 AM
How about the confrontation between Simon and Darius?

The Tom-Lucy stuff was very well played and quite amusing.

joespam
01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm still waiting for this show to hit its stride. To me, it's Sorkin's weakest effort; last behind West Wing and then Sports Night.

I still watch - for lines like 'it's like someone moved his food dish.' But it hasn't clicked yet.

And what the hell happened to Control Room Guy From 30something and Other Female Cast Member(s)? Haven't seen them for awhile. Why would Fat Guy get more screen time than them? He's not that interesting.

WillieLee
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
And what the hell happened to Control Room Guy From 30something and Other Female Cast Member(s)? Haven't seen them for awhile. Why would Fat Guy get more screen time than them? He's not that interesting.

Budget cuts?

Caley Tibbittz
01-23-2007, 04:53 PM

I disagree with every point made here. Sting's appearance was fantastic (and I'm not a big fan of Sting).

WillieLee
01-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I disagree with every point made here. Sting's appearance was fantastic (and I'm not a big fan of Sting).

But you exfoliate your nipples.

Buk Was Right
01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
I

And what the hell happened to Control Room Guy From 30something?

i think t-bus (as i call him) has been behind the camera for a couple eps... maybe that's cutting down on his screen time. plus they haven't done much during the airing of actual episodes of Studio 60 (the show within the show i mean) and that's when you're most likely to see the control room stuff...

Pat Shatner
01-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I just started watching last night and I totally enjoyed it. I guess I can afford another hour to start following this show. Heroes and Studio 60 made for a nice end to my day.

joespam
01-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Budget cuts?That'd be my first thought, though the fact that What's-His-Face has been directing and that there ain't been much stuff in the control room are also plausible.