PDA

View Full Version : Y: The Last Man #53 (Spoilers!)

skinnyrunaway
01-18-2007, 09:46 AM
So, over in bought and thought most people are agreeing that this is one of the best issues of the series. This is the place to talk about Waverly the supermodel turned garbage collector and the intriguing developments regarding the future of MANkind.

Ben
01-18-2007, 09:54 AM
And the future of RATkind, too!

It's good to see that Dr. Mann's dad's (what's his name?) explanation for the cause of the plague can't be right if all the male mammals died, too!

And for some reason I never really thought about the kind of ecological catastrophe losing every species of mammal would be! Christ!

JoeE
01-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I bet a bunch of male rats ate Ampersand's shit.

Mister Mets
01-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought it had something to do with the birth of Yorick's baby, but now I realized my theory made no sense.

Generic Poster
01-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't know why anyone was crediting Dr. Mann's (the dude one) explanation for the plague. I think it was pretty obvious that he was supposed to be a fucking wacko.

Scotty
01-18-2007, 10:12 AM
My favorite issue in a year or so. I love every issue but this one was very special. Excellent.

Master Jack Rabbitt
01-18-2007, 10:32 AM
I bet a bunch of male rats ate Ampersand's shit.

Brilliant!

THWIP!
01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
This was excellent. Loved to see what we happened with this character.

Ben
01-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know why anyone was crediting Dr. Mann's (the dude one) explanation for the plague. I think it was pretty obvious that he was supposed to be a fucking wacko.Well, with the series ending soon (and the solicitations seem to indicate it will be more character-based than plot, which is fine), I wasn't sure we'd be offered any other explanation... or that there'd be a clear rejection of his. Yeah, he was wacko, but the book seemed pretty accepting of his explanation. I don't know. It was really my only problem with this otherwise perfect comic, so it freaks me out.

Ben
01-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I like that we got to see her boobs, too. It took all the tension away.

Evan Wiener
01-18-2007, 11:46 AM
This was an excellent issue. Remind again of the male Dr. Mann's explanation of the plague?

Ben
01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
This was an excellent issue. Remind again of the male Dr. Mann's explanation of the plague?As soon as he cloned a human successfully, nature "sensed" that males were no longer needed and killed them all off. It doesn't make sense, and it makes even less sense if all non-human mammal males were killed off, too.

JoeE
01-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Brilliant!

Actually, Ampersand did a lot of traveling before the plague, so it's quite possible that are a lot more male mammals out there who came into contact with Yorick's shit and survived the plague.

JoeE
01-18-2007, 11:51 AM
As soon as he cloned a human successfully, nature "sensed" that males were no longer needed and killed them all off. It doesn't make sense, and it makes even less sense if all non-human mammal males were killed off, too.

I'd be happier with the mystical explanation that's been dangling since the beginning of the series.

Ben
01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd be happier with the mystical explanation that's been dangling since the beginning of the series.Yeah, at least that wouldn't be pretending to be a scientific explanation.

I'd actually prefer no explanation to some mystical, magical one, though.

skinnyrunaway
01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, at least that wouldn't be pretending to be a scientific explanation.

I'd actually prefer no explanation to some mystical, magical one, though.

I'm fine with the explanation. But I think I prefer none too.