PDA

View Full Version : It is now "ok" to put Brubaker's Cap in OHC!

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
01-17-2007, 07:03 AM
"Why is it NOW ok?" you ask...
Simple.
I finally broke down and bought a run of 1-24 off of ebay.
You see, in times past whenever I tried to be strong and wait for what I thought was an eventual over-sized hardcover the book would never show. After months and months, I would breakdown and buy the issues or trade and then?
Marvel would put out a nice fat over-sized hardcover with extras and everything.
So now I'm sending a clear signal to the Marvel gang - it is now a-ok to print the damn thing! I bough the book in another format!

Artie Pink
01-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Ha! I know exactly what you mean, man!

Thanks for takin' this one for the team!

Jen Grunwald
01-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Simple.
You see, in times past whenever I tried to be strong and wait for what I thought was an eventual over-sized hardcover the book would never show. After months and months, I would breakdown and buy the issues or trade and then?
Marvel would put out a nice fat over-sized hardcover with extras and everything.
So now I'm sending a clear signal to the Marvel gang - it is now a-ok to print the damn thing! I bough the book in another format!

Excellent! I'll give the printer the go ahead to print the book! They have all the files, we were just waiting for you to buy the issues!

Thanks for letting us know! It's much quicker than us having to send our spies out!! ;-) :lol:

:rogue:

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
01-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I waited and waited...hell, two years of great stories...just waiting to be read. Why wait any longer?

Jef UK
01-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks!

LenNWallace
01-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Excellent! I'll give the printer the go ahead to print the book! They have all the files, we were just waiting for you to buy the issues!

Thanks for letting us know! It's much quicker than us having to send our spies out!! ;-) :lol:

Teasing makes Jesus weep...

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
01-17-2007, 07:09 AM

HA! I knew it! :)

dEnny!
01-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Simple.

Um...did you not see the advance solicitations for next month?

Captain America Volume 1: Winter Soldier OHC collecting #1-12.

JUST KIDDING. I think. I haven't looked at advance solicitations.

Dusty
01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
If anything was deserving of an OHC, it's The Winter Soldier story. (Captain America 1-6, 8-9, 11-14.)

More deserving than Planet Hulk, IMO.

It's definitive of the character and series, and did the impossible. It brought Bucky back and was done so well, that the bitchy and whiney internet couldn't really find anything to bitch and whine about. That's worth it's weight in gold!

I have the volume 1 & 2 hardcovers, but I'd still get the OHC.

Thomas Mauer
01-17-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm waiting for the Brubaker Captain America OHC goodness to start as well, though I do read the book in singles. But when that OHC arrives, the singles it collects will go to the library or a hospital. :)

gear
01-17-2007, 07:51 AM

Ah, you're the reason. Some one was trying to convince me it was because of PHC's or some such.

Jeff

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
01-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Guilty as charged :Oops:

twigglet
01-17-2007, 09:09 AM
How much you get the issues for?

I'd like to try that :D

Jen Grunwald
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Teasing makes Jesus weep...

BONUS!!! :D

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
How much you get the issues for?

I'd like to try that :D

Thirty bucks...not too shabby!

Dusty
01-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm waiting for the Brubaker Captain America OHC goodness to start as well, though I do read the book in singles. But when that OHC arrives, the singles it collects will go to the library or a hospital. :)

Now Marvel HAS to put out an OHC, or it'll look like they don't want to help good causes. They've been having enough PR trouble lately, what with the delays, mischaracterizations, ruining Spider-Man, changing a monthly series into a 5 issue mini series without much notice, etc... A Captain America: Winter Soldier OHC could go a long way in healing those wounds. :D

Thomas Mauer
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Now Marvel HAS to put out an OHC, or it'll look like they don't want to help good causes. They've been having enough PR trouble lately, what with the delays, mischaracterizations, ruining Spider-Man, changing a monthly series into a 5 issue mini series without much notice, etc... A Captain America: Winter Soldier OHC could go a long way in healing those wounds. :D

Damn right! :D

Billie
01-17-2007, 05:56 PM
If anything was deserving of an OHC, it's The Winter Soldier story. (Captain America 1-6, 8-9, 11-14.)

More deserving than Planet Hulk, IMO.

It's definitive of the character and series, and did the impossible. It brought Bucky back and was done so well, that the bitchy and whiney internet couldn't really find anything to bitch and whine about. That's worth it's weight in gold!

I have the volume 1 & 2 hardcovers, but I'd still get the OHC.

Care to explain?Planet Hulk has been just as important to Hulk's character as WS has been to Cap.

But judging from your sig,asking may be pointless.